External Footswitch Trouble

ssmorga78

Experienced
Ok, I added a 4 button external footswitch unit to my MFC to control my Axe FX 2 with. I've gone through the setup in the MFC and got all of the switches working but one. Now, I added this 4 button switch so that it would allow me to control more effects with it, but I also wanted to be able to control the Boost function on the amps. I have assigned the correct midi #'s to the switches and the 3 switches I use to control my Chorus 1, Phaser 1 and Pan/Trem 1 work flawlessly. However, the switch I have configured as External 5 so that I can switch the Boost on the Amp on/off will not work no matter what I do. I am not sure what step or setup I am skipping, but I have it programmed just like the other 3 switches and when I assign a midi # that controls an effect(drive, delay, etc...) it works like it should. I just can't get it to control the dang Amp Boost. What in the world am I missing????

I'm a bit confused because the MFC allows external switches from 1-4 (i.e. CC# 16 to 19) and you are using Ext5?
Are you talking about the config and/or assignment on the MFC or on the Axe and is there actually a CC# for Amp Boost? (sorry don't have access to the manual at the mo and it's not that I can remember)

Did you create a boost modifier in the preset? At amp advanced page, navigate to boost parameter, press enter, set source to External Ctrl 5. You should see the dot at this screen move when using the switch.

I'm a bit confused because the MFC allows external switches from 1-4 (i.e. CC# 16 to 19) and you are using Ext5?

Any switch/pedal can be configured as any of the 12 external controls. If Axe-FX is at defaults, a switch set to toggle CC#20 will control Ext Ctrl 5.

At amp advanced page, navigate to boost parameter, press enter, set source to External Ctrl 5. You should see the dot at this screen move when using the switch.

Yes indeed... I had a feeling a modifier would be necessary but had a moment of brain fade (and no access to the manual)

Update- it was actually turning the boost on, it just wasn't showing such on the Axe Fx amp screen. I was programming it and looking for a visual cue that it was doing what it was suppose to do. When I plugged the Axe into my PA and hit the switch, the Boost was working. Kinda had a "Duh" moment.....but I still think it should show up in the screen on the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom