External footswitch skips scenes

Valgua

Inspired
Hi!

I have connected a very simple dual external switch (tip and ring) to the pedal 2 jack of the FM3. I have tried to use the midi menu to program the switches so that the tip increases scenes while the ring decreases. It's not working properly: whenever I press one of the switches, it skips at least one scene (i.e. going from scene 1 to scene 3 without stopping on scene 2). I have tried to use the other pedal jack as well as changing from "momentary break" to "momentary make" in the I/O menu, but to no avail. Does anybody know what the issues is?

Things are going better using the stand-in switch function. I have managed to program the tip switch to scene 1 and the ring to scene 2 and it works flawlessly (thus I think that hardware mulfunction is not the problem). However, I would really like to be able to increment the scenes rather than having only two scenes at my feet. Is there any way to do that using the stand-in switches function?
EDIT: I found an answer to my second question! I a know able to increase/decrease scences using the stand-in switch!

Last edited:
Yeah, stand-in switches are the way to go. That's the way I've got my two-button external switch setup. My only guess for the MIDI approach is that your switches might've been sending a double message. Maybe the button down and button up were both triggering a scene change so scene 2 flew by too fast for you to notice it.

Yeah, stand-in switches are the way to go. That's the way I've got my two-button external switch setup. My only guess for the MIDI approach is that your switches might've been sending a double message. Maybe the button down and button up were both triggering a scene change so scene 2 flew by too fast for you to notice it.
Possibly. I guess that the stand-in function is there for a reason. Perhaps the midi-approach isn’t too reliable when using non-midi switches.

Last edited:
I have connected a very simple dual external switch (tip and ring) to the pedal 2 jack of the FM3. I have tried to use the midi menu to program the switches so that the tip increases scenes while the ring decreases. It's not working properly: whenever I press one of the switches, it skips at least one scene (i.e. going from scene 1 to scene 3 without stopping on scene 2). I have tried to use the other pedal jack as well as changing from "momentary break" to "momentary make" in the I/O menu, but to no avail. Does anybody know what the issues is?
1) Set Pedal 1 Setup to 2 SWITCHES (Tip+Ring).

2) Set Switch 1 Tip Behavior to VIRTUAL TOGGLE.

Back
Top Bottom