External drive pedal in loop (noise)

No issues here with inserting a pedal through I/O 3 or 4.
  • I take the signal from Input 1 and route it to the Output 3 block (default settings).
  • To enable unity gain, I set the OUT 3 knob on the front panel to the max position.
  • The signal enters the III again through the Input 3 block (default settings, noise gate off).
  • Note that Output 3 and Input 3 are not connected to each other.
Hi Yek, Can you post a screenshot of this routing? I was wondering what is accomplished by having out 3 & in 3 not connected to each other. Also, are they are on the same row as everything else, on a separate row, separate rows from each other? I'm not using a drive pedal in the loop but a 2290 & am not having any noise or any other issues at all. Thanks!

The picture was a (too) simplified version of my preset. See below for the entire preset.
There it makes sense to get a "clean" input signal to the external effect, and then bring it back at a convenient spot (including a "post " compressor) on the grid. It's not necessary at all to have Out 3 and In 3 connected.

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-30 om 22.06.58.png

The picture was a (too) simplified version of my preset. See below for the entire preset.
There it makes sense to get a "clean" input signal to the external effect, and then bring it back at a convenient spot (including a "post " compressor) on the grid. It's not necessary at all to have Out 3 and In 3 connected.

View attachment 49832
splitting the previous FX Loop block to separate In and Out blocks has provided huge usability improvements like this. great example.

Back
Top Bottom