External Controllers Not Working After System Reset

WW Audio

Inspired
Updated to 18.04 yesterday from 18.03 PB and noticed some of the hyped high end other users have reported after installing 18.04. Ok, no biggie I thought, I'll just back everything up and do some tweaking in the global EQ and other places and got down to it. Got to a point where I'd completely buggered things up so I decided a system reset was in order. Did the Reset System Params in the Utility menu, no apparent problems on the Axe when that was completed. Went thru the various I/O menu pages to put things back where I had them previously, all good so far.

I have a Mission EP-1 and a Fractal EV-1 that I use as CC's for various things in various presets. Both were working perfectly prior to the system reset. Setting these up was pretty straightforward and worked like a charm the first time several months back. Now, however, I can't get them working at all. The relevant front panel settings are:

I/O Midi Page: MIDI Channel = 1
I/O CTRL Page: Ext Ctrl 1 = 16
I/O CTRL Page: Ext Ctrl 2 = 17
I/O Pedal Page: Pedal 1&2 types are set to Continuous

Went through the pedal calibration procedure for both pedals which, as far as I can tell, was successful. The modifiers still show the assigned external controllers correctly but neither is working at all. Unplugged the cables on both ends, reconnected them but still nothing. Going through the manual I think I'm doing everything required to setup and calibrate external controllers. I'm missing some step somewhere but what is it?

Last edited:
Updated to 18.04 yesterday from 18.03 PB and noticed some of the hyped high end other users have reported after installing 18.04. Ok, no biggie I thought, I'll just back everything up and do some tweaking in the global EQ and other places and got down to it. Got to a point where I'd completed buggered things up so I decided a system reset was in order. Did the Reset System Params in the Utility menu, no apparent problems on the Axe when that was completed. Went thru the various I/O menu pages to put things back where I had them previously, all good so far.

I have a Mission EP-1 and a Fractal EV-1 that I use as CC's for various things in various presets. Both were working perfectly prior to the system reset. Setting these up was pretty straightforward and worked like a charm the first time several months back. Now, however, I can't get them working at all. The relevant front panel settings are:

I/O Midi Page: MIDI Channel = 1
I/O CTRL Page: Ext Ctrl 1 = 16
I/O CTRL Page: Ext Ctrl 2 = 17
I/O Pedal Page: Pedal 1&2 types are set to Continuous

Went through the pedal calibration procedure for both pedals which, as far as I can tell, was successful. The modifiers still show the assigned external controllers correctly but neither is working at all. Unplugged the cables on both ends, reconnected them but still nothing. Going through the manual I think I'm doing everything required to setup and calibrate external controllers. I'm missing some step somewhere but what is it?

Are they plugged into the Axe-Fx or a MIDI Controller?

Cliff and Hubertus had it. Thanks guys, I knew it was something I was missing. As to the original observation with the high end, the reset doesn't appear to have done anything for that. It's not a big deal for me and there are a variety of ways to work around that. Overall, I think 18.04 is amazing and I'm loving it. Being a tweek geek, I just had to poke around when I noticed what I perceived to be an increased high end after the update.

Back
Top Bottom