External 1 only working on effects? I'm sure this is an easy fix??

schlagdog

Inspired
I'm sure this is some super easy fix but I can't figure it out. I must have something switched on or off that is causing the issue. I seem to only be able to get External 1 to work in the effects. Basically the wah only works when ex1 is in in the control effects edit block. Even though my exp pedal is plugged into slot 2 on the MFC. It's like that in all the effects with Control also. I'm sure I have something stuck on or off on the AXEFX that is easy but looked through the manual and not finding it.

Are you wondering why XP2 is controlling External 1? It's because XP2 and External 1 are set to the same CC# (default for both is CC#16). Any pedal/switch/IA can be any External Control if you edit CC settings on one or both devices.

I see by default expression pedal 2 controls external 1 now. I guess now I'm totally confused how to get say expression pedal 3 to work the pitch whammy. I guess I'll dig into setting up the midi CC in the manual. I just need expression 3 set to pitch block and I'll be good to go.

Luke, this part might be kind of confusing to readers:

"I have the XP 2 at BegPdl because I want the wahwah 1 to turn on at the top of the EQ spectrum

I have the XP 3 at BegOff because I am using it with auto engage and have no switch to turn it on/off"

With a global pedal setting (no per-preset overrides) BegPdl or BegOff should give the same results. BegPdl just sends the current pedal value (which the Axe Ext Ctrl value already matches) at preset change.

I fully accept I am not a midi genius, I was just thrilled I got it to work at all honestly.

Back
Top Bottom