Extern 1 not working on one preset?

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
I use a FCB1010 (Uno chip) with my Axe-Fx Standard and it works great, except I can't get the wah to respond on one of my patches. It should be exactly the same as every other patch but the extern 1 doesn't do anything. The settings for the FCB1010 on the patch are exactly the same as on other patches and the Axe-Fx settings are also the same. Any ideas?

If you are using AxeEDIT, save the settings for the wah from a working patch in the block library on the left side under the effect type. Then open up the bad preset and select the setting.

Another idea may be to remove the wah by putting a shunt in there and then putting it back in. I had an issue last night with it not saving a wah setting as well (patch 24) and it took a bit of messing around to get it to save right. I think that I figured out that I was going through too quickly setting up patches for my wah setting and I hit save before it had sent all the parameters over to the AxeFX and it got corrupt or something.

not sure if it's related...but with some of my presets, one of the expression pedals on my fcb stopped functioning. I just went into the controller menu (i think) and ran it through the 'learning' mode for the pedal and presto. I wonder if it was due to updating to the official axe edit from the old beta version.

Tried what you suggested but still can't get the damn thing to work. The patch right next to the problematic one works just fine and the MIDI configuration on both the board and Axe-Fx are the same for both.

Back
Top Bottom