Extending my rack

Saki

Hello,

My Axe-Fx is inside a small rack and I was thinking about adding a power conditioner to it, partly for sheer convenience, partly for protection (but that gear won't be used on stage).

If I'm reading the Axe-FX's manual correctly, it won't draw more than 1A, so it should never tax the conditioner (feel free to correct me on this ;) ).

I'm more worried about my power amp (a Matrix GT1000, which draws up to 5A). Say I get something like the Furman PL-Plus CE (10A max), are there reasons not to plug my power amp on it? Or are there other factors that should be taken into account before I buy anything?

10 Amps means 10 Amps. If you have a Matrix and AFX thats 6 Max. Plenty of juice left. FWIW I run the AFX and Matrix along with a RAC12, a line 6 Relay AND A Fryette Power station from a 13 Amp supply with no problems. The Matrix and PS are the power hungry units.

Rule of thumb for sizing the power supply is summing all the currents you have, add something like 20-25% and that's the minimum current you should have.

So, if the amp draws max 5A and the Axe draws 1A max than a 7.5A minimum power conditioned will do the job.

Heaving said that, your choice (PL-Plus CE - 10A max) is a correct one for the task.

You will also have the option to add more devices in the future if needed.

Back
Top Bottom