Extended Warranty?

TonyD

Hi Guys,
I as wondering if anyone bought the 3 year warranty when purchasing their Axe Fx2? Have you used it? For those that had out of warranty repairs, was it expensive? As always, thanks for the input.

From Fractal Website: http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Articles.asp?ID=260

Optional Extended Warranty

The optional extended warranty extends the standard Fractal Audio Systems warranty for a period of two (2) additional years for a total coverage period of three (3) years from the original date of purchase. The optional extended warranty is ONLY available at the time of original purchase and cannot be added after the initial sales order is processed.

Like the base warranty, extended warranty coverage is extended to the original retail purchaser only for units purchased directly from Fractal Audio Systems or one of its authorized distributors or resellers.

From Fractal Website: http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Articles.asp?ID=260

Optional Extended Warranty

The optional extended warranty extends the standard Fractal Audio Systems warranty for a period of two (2) additional years for a total coverage period of three (3) years from the original date of purchase. The optional extended warranty is ONLY available at the time of original purchase and cannot be added after the initial sales order is processed.

Like the base warranty, extended warranty coverage is extended to the original retail purchaser only for units purchased directly from Fractal Audio Systems or one of its authorized distributors or resellers.

When did they start this? I bought through tone merchants in the original preorder, my unit is like number 20 something , I was never offered an extended warranty.

I may be getting FXII soon and I was wondering the same thing if I should get this. Has there been any problems popping up after a while? I guess with the electronics things can happen beyond FX's control. Not like a amp were I usually just pay parts shipping back and forth for builder to repair.

I would love an extended warranty! I bought mine through the Australian dealer presumably before the ExtWty was available. Its coming up to a year since i purchased my unit and its starting to show signs of wierdness, flickering screen ect. Though im sure this is just due to a life on the road.

Really. Need. Backup:(!

Since we are on topic.

1.) does anyone know if the will do a repair (for fee of course) on a unit our of warranty?
2.) Will they upgrade from a Mark I to a Mark II?

Fractal is very reasonable with bench charges. I sent my Ultra to them last year for a bad input and they repaired it for a very reasonable $60. When I ordered my II I opted to go with the standard 1 year warranty. The AxeFX 2 is a very well-built piece of gear and the chances of a catastrophic failure are low. Even if I need to send it back to Fractal, there's a good chance the repair cost will be less than the extended warranty anyway.

I added the extended warranty this last time around - more for the catastrophic failures than for the $50-$100 repairs (which I concede will be the most likely types of issues if they arise) . . .

Hopefully there won't be any issues I've had amps and fx for 20+ yrs with no issues. A great company always stands behind there products. I don't see fractal just looking the other way I think they will work with you.

Hi Guys,
I as wondering if anyone bought the 3 year warranty when purchasing their Axe Fx2? Have you used it? For those that had out of warranty repairs, was it expensive? As always, thanks for the input.
I bought axe effect 3 with the extended warranty for safe measures for my own state of mind
No problems yet weeeee

Back
Top Bottom