Extended Warranty

komrad20

Inspired
Just wondering if the extended warranty covers lightning protection, since I live in the lightning capital of the world (Florida).
We are having a lot of thunderstorms come through. Just wondering, I added the protection on my AxeFX2 XL+ at the time when I bought it.

Thanks...

north central Florida is no joke when it comes to thunderstorms...consider power line protection too...maybe?

I have it plugged into a surge protection strip, just curious because we are due at some point to get some major thunderstorms from this new hurricane.

House insurance is a more likely candidate to cover that .... but in a hot spot like your locale, lightning strikes taking out electrical appliances could be classed as 'Act of God' in your policy - you'd need to check that with your insurer.

Standard domestic anti-surge strips I suspect wouldn't have a mission if they met the voltages a strike could generate - by the time they reacted the damage would be done

I have it plugged into a surge protection strip, just curious because we are due at some point to get some major thunderstorms from this new hurricane.

If it is one of the less expensive types that can be picked up at most hardware stores (usually with a cost of less then $20) then it really won't do much to protect your gear. These things are literally the bare minimum that you can do and aren't very reliable. Plus, many of them tie the grounds together in a serial fashion and can be a source of ground loops. Fun times.

Back
Top Bottom