extended warranty (yes/no)?

I honestly don't know why NOT getting it at that price, unless of course you are planning to sell it. I am planning to keep my XL+ (although I bought it used) and my AX8 for as long as I can or until the "Axe-fx 3" or the "AX9" come around ;)

Bump.

Curious about this as well. I'm on the waiting list now and this has crossed my mind. Is it worth the extra?

Is this unit reliable?

+1 on Geezer John. No problems with Ultra I bought in 2009 or Axe II in what, 2012. Fractal is a great company. Most other long-term warrantees are not worth much as they always find a way to screw you.

How much extra is the extended warranty in the US ? I'm asking because here in Europe the 3 year warranty is already part of the deal, but we do pay a little more than 2 grand for the unit.

I have had very good experience with the FAS gear, but then again I use protected power and do all of my own connection and setup. The gear is very well made without cheap components, so I went with the 1 year. If I were on the road with roadies or others handling and setting up my gear, or had to plug up to a lot of skanky festival and bar power, the extended warranty would be a no-brainer.

I have an ultra, axe fx II mkII, axe fx XL and 2 AX-8's, an mfc III, 2 ev-1 pedals. all but 1 AX-8 have been great. The 1 AX-8 was replaced under warranty. so you never know. Fractal is top notch but any thing can happen. this is something you will have to decide on your own. can you afford to buy a new unit if yours goes down? if it goes down the insurance is cheaper then another unit. if it does not ever go down the insurance money was lost. good luck!

Just curious on how many people opt for the 3 year vs standard warranty?
I broke the Cat5 port on my AxeII, took it to my guy and he called Fractal and said they were great to work with and got the part out right away. He also said the build was great, like a tank. LOL.

Bump.

Curious about this as well. I'm on the waiting list now and this has crossed my mind. Is it worth the extra?

Is this unit reliable?

Extended warranties are never "worth it" because the warranty company has to cover the cost of repairing/replacing your unit, their internal expense (overhead, etc.), probably a commission to someone for selling you the warranty, and of course profit. The only situation I'd suggest buying a warranty is if you make a living using your AX8 and it would be a huge financial burden to pay to fix or replace it.

Extended warranties are never "worth it" because the warranty company has to cover the cost of repairing/replacing your unit, their internal expense (overhead, etc.), probably a commission to someone for selling you the warranty, and of course profit. The only situation I'd suggest buying a warranty is if you make a living using your AX8 and it would be a huge financial burden to pay to fix or replace it.

Maybe not worth it for them, but as a consumer? Is it worth it for me, I know nobody has had this for 3 years but has there been a lot of issues where people needed to send it in for repair already?

A FAS extended warranty is: pay just a little bit more up front, and they'll guarantee you have a working unit for a full 3 years. Completely worth it for any professional product over $1k that gets toted around in a case or bag.

Just consider it part of the product cost. If you don't get it, you're taking a discount and handling the risk yourself.

Back
Top Bottom