Ext dual footswitch for preset inc/dec only works one way for both switches

Benedicto

Hi, I think I need a little help here.

I bought an Ampero dual footswitch only to be able to inc/dec presets.

My problem is I can't figure out how to have the left switch do a decrease and the right switch do an increase. Either they do both the same, or only one of them works.

• I've connected the footswitch via TRS to the Pedal 1 port
  • In [Setup - I/O - Pedal], I've Pedal 1 Setup set to 2 SWITCHES, and the Switch Settings section is on stock settings. (All FOLLOW HARDWARE and NORMALLY CLOSED, MOMENTARY BREAK)
  • In [Setup - FC Controllers/Onboard Switches - Stand-In Switches], I've:
    • FM3 SW 1 TIP Layout set to Layout 1: PRESETS and Switch set to Inc/Dec, +1 via the GO TO SWITCH menu
    • FM3 SW 1 RING Layout set to Layout 1: PRESETS and Switch set to Inc/Dec, -1 via the GO TO SWITCH menu
    • I've tried to setup SW 2 TIP or RING too while leaving the SW 1 TIP settings untouched, but the result is the same
The problem is when I change the TIP switch to -1, it also changes to RING to -1, and vice-versa. So in effect I can either have both switches giving me either an inc or a dec, or one switch doing whichever while the other one isn't assigned.

I've seen screenshots of people's setup where they have a general Edit Layout: Preset page and they can have +1 and -1 separately, but I don't seem to have this page on here. All I have is that GO TO SWITCH option in the FC Cotrollers/Onboard Switches menu. I'm using firmware 5.03.

Any clue about what I'm missing on here?

Thanks!

Thank you. It did direct me to the Edit Layout page I couldn't find before. However even after setting 4 tap to -1 and 5 tap to +1, both my switches still give me a decrease...

Edit: ok found a fix, by setting switch 4 to the preset Layout and switch 5 to the perform layout I was able to make them act differently. Now it's working. I still feel this is not a very elegant solution, I don't quite get why I have to do this. There must be a more straightforward way. But eh it's working and that's all I was really asking for. Thanks a bunch!

Hi, I think I need a little help here.

I bought an Ampero dual footswitch only to be able to inc/dec presets.

My problem is I can't figure out how to have the left switch do a decrease and the right switch do an increase. Either they do both the same, or only one of them works.

• I've connected the footswitch via TRS to the Pedal 1 port
  • In [Setup - I/O - Pedal], I've Pedal 1 Setup set to 2 SWITCHES, and the Switch Settings section is on stock settings. (All FOLLOW HARDWARE and NORMALLY CLOSED, MOMENTARY BREAK)
  • In [Setup - FC Controllers/Onboard Switches - Stand-In Switches], I've:
    • FM3 SW 1 TIP Layout set to Layout 1: PRESETS and Switch set to Inc/Dec, +1 via the GO TO SWITCH menu
    • FM3 SW 1 RING Layout set to Layout 1: PRESETS and Switch set to Inc/Dec, -1 via the GO TO SWITCH menu
    • I've tried to setup SW 2 TIP or RING too while leaving the SW 1 TIP settings untouched, but the result is the same
The problem is when I change the TIP switch to -1, it also changes to RING to -1, and vice-versa. So in effect I can either have both switches giving me either an inc or a dec, or one switch doing whichever while the other one isn't assigned.

I've seen screenshots of people's setup where they have a general Edit Layout: Preset page and they can have +1 and -1 separately, but I don't seem to have this page on here. All I have is that GO TO SWITCH option in the FC Cotrollers/Onboard Switches menu. I'm using firmware 5.03.

Any clue about what I'm missing on here?

Thanks!
I got it right, with no issues here:
  • I've connected the footswitch via TRS to the Pedal 2 port
  • SETUP \ FC Controllers / Onboard Switches \ Layouts \ Layout 1 Presets \ 4 Tap - Preset - Inc/Dec -1 - no wrap & 5Tap - Preset - Inc/Dec +1 - no wrap
  • Stand-In Switches \ FM3 SW2 Tip - Layout 1: Presets - 4: preset, Inc/Dec & FM3 SW2 Ring - Layout 1: Presets - 5: preset, Inc/Dec
  • IN/OUT \ Pedal \ Pedal 2 setup - 2 Switches (Tip+Ring) \ Switch 2 Tip Behavior: Follow Hardware \ Switch 2 Tip Polarity: Normally Open/Momentary Make \ Switch 2 Ring Behavior: Follow Hardware \ Switch 2 Ring Polarity: Normally Open/Momentary Make

Hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom