Bug? Ext Controller Uses 10% CPU!

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
My patches use several modifiers, some of which control many parameters, some even in different blocks. All are well behaved except one which controls 2 different parameters in Reverb block 2 (time and level). Whenever I change the CC for this external controller, CPU usage jumps by a whopping 10%. It's a problem for one of my patches that's hovering around 90% normally.

Running v9.02. Not quite sure what to make of this. I've verified the behaviour on several different patches, and ensured only a single CC message is being sent. Both modifiers have non-default start and end settings with PC reset turned on and 10mS damping, but otherwise default.

Changing the state of external controllers, especially an expression pedal, does increase CPU usage somewhat initially.
But I've never seen it that high.
Haven't tested this but it might be caused by the changed Reverb parameters (Time?), not the controller.

Depends on what is being controlled. Reverb Time is a very complicated calculation so this is unsurprising.

ok, thx Cliff. A couple of other things that might make a difference: The Reverb 2 block is linked globally. Also the 10% increase stays, it doesn't drop back after the CC change. Anyway, I'll post a sample patch tonight in case it helps.

ok, confirmed that changing Reverb Time via a modifier consumes about 10% CPU.

Not affected by global blocks, and isn't recovered after using the modifier. Atttaching a modifier has the same impact, I guess because when you scroll through controllers, you're also changing modifier values.

Tested with Reverb 1 & 2 blocks. Removing the modifier solves the problem, so I guess the best option is to keep CPU down to 88% if needing to use this time modifier. I've a attached a patch if it helps testing. I use CC16 for external controller 3 which modifies reverb time & level. I've removed global links, but you'll still need to replace the user cab I use for FOH with a factory one.

Attachments

• GM_Arts_Marshall.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom