Expression Pedals

From the manual:

The best expression pedals for the AX8 have a linear resistance taper and a max resistance of 10kΩ to 100kΩ. Expression pedals must be used with Tip-Ring-Sleeve (TRS) cables. (If you are not familiar with TRS cables, see the FAQ on the next page.)​

Not all expression pedals are the same. I'd stick with what is tried and true.

I really like the Mission pedals for the look and feel of them. I have one with the spring mod that use for my wah duties. Works great.

I don't think it makes too much difference. I have two Fractal EV-1s, two Boss FV500s, Mission SP-1 and even the Ernie Ball Volume pedal I use as an expression. They all work. I actually love the EB Volume. Mainly I use it to set the level playing live. It's very easy to control. The Fractals are my favorites overall, but the Boss are cool. Mission is my least favorite, but that's probably because it's smaller. I have big feet and can use the extra real estate. That's all. They all do a simple thing adequately.

I am converting an old Dunlop Crybaby. I ordered a 10K linear wah pot from Dunlop for the proper taper. When I used to 100k custom taper pot that was in the Crybaby, making controlled small adjustments was impossible.

The mod cost about $18 ($13 for the pot + $5 shipping).

I have couple of 20 year old beat up from giging in the 90's Roland EV-5's and they work great, I also got a couple of new FAS EV1's too, the EV-1s are a bit pricy but they are very luxurious!

Back
Top Bottom