Expression Pedals Set as Volume & Whammy - Problems

I'm sure this is an easy fix but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm using Mission Expression Pedals and have 1 with a switch used for Volume & Wah and another for a Whammy. I've calibrated both with the MFC101 but the volume pedal never silences in full heel down position. For the Whammy effect, I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to sweep up to the octave and back down again. When engaging the pedal toe up, it goes from normal to 1 octave up instantly. When going heel down, it does the opposite.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi James,
Thanks for the response. I actually used his videos when initially setting up the pedals -- great vids!!
TRS cables are used for each of the 3 pedals and I recalibrated this morning and got the following values:

Pedal 1 used for Vol & Wah: 000 - 116, switch is 000-127
Pedal 2 000-116
Pedal 3 000-115

Unfortunately, the recalibration didn't change anything. I figured it's just something that I don't have correctly set in the AxeFx as the pedals seem to work just fine.

Your pedal and MFC setup looks about right: 000 - 116 is typically what we would expect for calibration, so I would agree this seems more likely to be an issue with how you have the effects blocks setup in the Axe-Fx rather than anything to do with the pedals or the MFC configuration. I'll have to defer to those more knowledgeable on Axe configuration at this point ;-)

Sounds like the modifier values might be off. Have you checked the start and stop settings also look at auto ending to see where that is set.

Figured out the Whammy issue - total user error. Made some adjustments in the modifiers and all is good.

Still have the issue with the Volume though. The modifier values seem correct to me but maybe I'm missing something obvious. Here's the way it's currently set:

What am I missing?

Thanks Bakerman!! Problem solved. Wasn't the wah but rather a reverb block in parallel that was put in the wrong spot of the signal chain. All is working now!! Thanks again for your help! :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom