Expression pedal with MMGT 16 unable to control volume block in Axe 3 - Resolved!

markiv

Need some help. Noticed that after updating to FW 18, I am no longer able to control the volume block of my Axe 3 presets.

I have done the necessary troubleshooting as follows:

1. Ensured settings in my MMGT 16 and Axe 3 are all done correctly, including assigning the correct CC numbers (e.g CC#11 for External Control 1, etc)
2. Ensured that both my connecting stereo cable and expression pedal works (Note: It works when i connect it directly to my Axe 3, and i am able to calibrate it when connected to my MMGT)
3. Ensured that External Control 1 is assigned to the Volume block under the modifier section. However, the linear graph no longer moves up and down when I move the expression pedal assigned)

1640618075639.png

Anyone else experiencing this post FW18 upgrade? Desperately need help here! Thanks guys...

Do you see incoming midi message light blinking on Axe Fx when you move the pedal? There are ways to assign an expression pedal to different CCs on MMGT and change the CCs with buttons to whatever you want (which is a great feature, FC owner should ask for IMHO) but being this advanced of a controller, MMGT makes also the door wide open for user programming mistakes.

add: check if the button has the same midi channel number as Axe FX, you can program/change on the fly also any button’s/exp pedal’s midi channel number on MMGT.

Last edited:
Do you see incoming midi message light blinking on Axe Fx when you move the pedal? There are ways to assign an expression pedal to different CCs on MMGT and change the CCs with buttons to whatever you want (which is a great feature, FC owner should ask for IMHO) but being this advanced of a controller, MMGT makes also the door wide open for user programming mistakes. add: check if the button has the same midi channel number as Axe FX, you can program/change on the fly also any button’s/exp pedal’s midi channel number on MMGT.

Yups, checked to ensure both the CC numbers in the Axe 3 setup page and MMGT settings are the same. Yet, still unable to control the volume block when I assign the expression pedal to it.

I tested my MMGT16 (firmware 4.7.0) with my Axe Fx 3 (Firmware 18.03) and it tested fine using an expression pedal.

Finally managed to get the expression pedal working in the modifier section of the volume block! For some strange reason, after reinstalling FW 18.03, I refreshed Axe edit and viola....it works now. Really strange indeed!

Back
Top Bottom