Expression pedal used for volume problem

MKeditor

Experienced
I use two Boss FV-300-L pedals. One I dedicate to volume with a volume block. My problem is that there is a jump from silent to the lowest volume. I want it to be smooth for swells. I have tried adjusting both the pedal and the block's start point with no joy. Has anyone else encountered this?

Are you plugging into a MIDI controller or the back of the axe?

I had a similar problem and it turned out that my input/output connections were reversed on the pedal.

These pedals have a jack for expression. It requires a stereo 1/4 chord. I plug them into my Ground Control Pro.

MKeditor said:
These pedals have a jack for expression. It requires a stereo 1/4 chord. I plug them into my Ground Control Pro.

Sound like they may be phase reversed. You can try using a cable with the tip/ring reversed on one end.

Very likely phase reverted like java says. I had a similar problem with my m-audio expression pedal connected to my GCpro. But I don't use it as a volume pedal. My problem was that when I was using the m-audio pedal for wammy effect it never went all the way up the scale, I then found out that there is button on the m-audio pedal that lets you change the phase and that solved my problem.

I tried reversing the tip and ring. The problem was still there. The volume has a small jump instead of being smooth. I guess I will audition some different pedals. :?

Have you calibrated the pedal?
Maybe a gate behind the volume block that has it's detector sidechain also behind the volume block (then try to set it to input)?

merlin17 said:
Have you calibrated the pedal?
Maybe a gate behind the volume block that has it's detector sidechain also behind the volume block (then try to set it to input)?

You might have something there. I will check that. Thanks.

Now that Ii am using the Liquid Foot Pro, the pedals work fine. I think it was a calibration issue with the GCP.

I have a Mission pedal shipping Monday that I will use for wah and controlling FX.

Back
Top Bottom