Expression pedal suggestions

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I have a Mission which I know are popular here but it it stuck flopped down in the toe down position so I want to get something different. Suggestions?
For context; I want to us it primarily to control a real pedal - a Strymon El Capistan.

Really cool, anything by Pete gets my attention. Due to not ever really using a ton of effects I will likely opt for a basic unit to control the El cap

I have a Mission which I know are popular here but it it stuck flopped down in the toe down position
Care to clarify this? Do you mean the pedal action has become really light and it won't stay where you leave it, just dropping to toe down as soon as you lift your foot off? Unless it's maybe a really old one and the original units didn't have it (and that's just an "if", coz I dunno if any such units were made), your Mission should have a tension adjustment screw under the heel of the pedal. Tighten it up with a hex key until you get the pedal action you want. I haven't checked, but I'm guessing they still have the instructions and the Youtube video on the matter on their website if you want to look.

If the thing is somehow actually stuck in the toe down position (which I'm finding hard to imagine)... even then, I'd at least open it up and poke around. The mechanical action of a Mission exp pedal (or a Crybaby or whatever) is nothing particularly complicated.

I have two Mission SP-1s, and the only thing I've had to do with them is adjust the tension a bit on one of 'em. So yeah, I'd recommend a Mission pedal. :lol From the little dealings I've had with them, they've also been plenty helpful. So even if it's something like the pot inside completely seizing up, or some other problem with a part, I'd contact them about what a replacement part would cost.

That is unless of course in addition to whatever problems you have, you also never really liked the pedal to begin with for whatever reason. In that case... continue hunting around.

I have one of the FAS expression pedals. Built like a tank, great feel under the feet, long glide throw, and I find it to be way better than the mission pedals (I have two). I have had lots of problems with the mission pedals. I don't want to hijack the thread by listing my complaints regarding mission pedals. The FAS expression pedal is a great pedal. Highly recommended.

@DNW working 10 hour days to get 3 day weekends for skiing n climbing and other stuff I have not devoted the time to do the basic stuff you mentioned! I will both do this to fix my Mission pedal and check out the FAS ones too (why have I not followed closely enough to know FAS made expression pedals)?

Back
Top Bottom