Not a Bug Expression Pedal stuck at max level

I have a Mission expression pedal hooked up to Pedal 1 of my FC-6, which is connected to my FM3.
In SETUP>Midi/Remote, I've linked External Control to FC1 PEDAL 1.
When I try this pedal with multiple presets, it works as supposed to - the only issue being that it doesn't switch off at 95% as it should - it's set up correctly for that and when I reload the same preset while leaving the pedal untouched, it is off as it should be.

When I go into SETUP>I/O and try to run the calibration for this pedal, nothing happens. The bar doesn't move as if the FM3 doesn't see the sweep of the pedal, except I can hear that it does.

I checked SETUP>UTILITIES>ADC Levels and indeed, no matter how I rock the pedal it stays at 98% (which, interestingly doesn't trigger the off function at 95%).

So I notice some contradictions here in the unit's behaviour. It sees the motion of the pedal in the sense that the effect is working, but I can't calibrate and it doesn't switch off at 95% as it should. I've had this issue a number of times and it seems quite random in terms of when this happens. Any suggestions?

I have a Mission expression pedal hooked up to Pedal 1 of my FC-6, which is connected to my FM3.
In SETUP>Midi/Remote, I've linked External Control to FC1 PEDAL 1.
When I try this pedal with multiple presets, it works as supposed to - the only issue being that it doesn't switch off at 95% as it should - it's set up correctly for that and when I reload the same preset while leaving the pedal untouched, it is off as it should be.

When I go into SETUP>I/O and try to run the calibration for this pedal, nothing happens. The bar doesn't move as if the FM3 doesn't see the sweep of the pedal, except I can hear that it does.

I checked SETUP>UTILITIES>ADC Levels and indeed, no matter how I rock the pedal it stays at 98% (which, interestingly doesn't trigger the off function at 95%).

So I notice some contradictions here in the unit's behaviour. It sees the motion of the pedal in the sense that the effect is working, but I can't calibrate and it doesn't switch off at 95% as it should. I've had this issue a number of times and it seems quite random in terms of when this happens. Any suggestions?
Maybe try a different cable? Didn't see where you mentioned trying that. Cables are quite frequently the source of weirdness....

Maybe try a different cable? Didn't see where you mentioned trying that. Cables are quite frequently the source of weirdness....
Yes, forgot to mention but tried that too. Also, that wouldn’t explain why the FM3 does react with the parameter corresponding to the sweep of the pedal while the calibration doesn’t work.

I just got a used FM3 and it sounds muddy/distorted even with resetting the firmware and presets.
I have noticed that pedals 1 and 2 stay on 99%. Was wondering whether this is causing my tone being unusable.
Any way to reset it without the expression pedal? Cheers

I just got a used FM3 and it sounds muddy/distorted even with resetting the firmware and presets.
I have noticed that pedals 1 and 2 stay on 99%. Was wondering whether this is causing my tone being unusable.
Any way to reset it without the expression pedal? Cheers
It’s difficult to say because we don’t know what the pedals are set to do.

Export the preset and attach it to your message.

It’d probably be a good idea to start a new thread instead of piggybacking on this one as the problem might not be related.

Back
Top Bottom