Expression pedal setup.Wah wont work

jethro

Inspired
I set up the volume pedal no problem.I calibrated the next expression pedal and followed the directions on page 26 of the mfc manual.I have XP2 then cc field #97( for wah1) What midi channel should be selected? 97 as well? And what should be in the last box?

Thanks in advance for any help.I love the axe ultra!! Just trying to get my wah to work.

Channel should be whatever channel the Axe-FX is set to, Ch. 1 if you haven't changed it from defaults.

CC#97 (if your CTRL page is at defaults) is Wah 1 Bypass, which is not the CC# for controlling wah. You need to send the CC# for one of the 8 externals (CC#s 16-23 by default) then assign that external as a modifier for Wah frequency within the preset.

The last thing you can leave at "off" and probably not worry about, for wah. If you ever need a parameter to not jump immediately when the pedal's moved, choosing an initial value would be of use.

Thanks for trying to help me out! How do I send the CC# for one of the 8 externals (CC#s 16-23 by default) then assign that external as a modifier for Wah frequency within the preset.I will be honest,I have no clue.I have read the yeks wiki for 2 hours and still cant figure it out.Do I do it thru axe edit?

On the MFC you'll need to change the pedal CC# from 97 to something in the 16-23 range, at the screen you mentioned. CC#16 = External 1 by default, etc. (You can view/alter those settings at the Axe-FX I/O menu's CTRL page.)

Axe-Edit isn't necessary for the rest but you can use it. Right-click (Axe-Edit) or press enter (front panel) on the wah freq. knob then set source to the appropriate External #. See pages 91-92 of the latest Ultra manual for more details.

I owe you a huge thank you! I finally figured it out with your help! It really was very frustrating as the manuals are somewhat vague in certain area's.I've been a gear head since 1980.Roland,Lexicon,eventide and so on.The ultra has a bit of a learning curve for me.I sold all my rackmount gear for this because its all I'll ever need.I cant thank you enough!Just out of curiosity,What do you play thru? Amp and speaker wise. Thanks again,Jeff

Hey Jethro, How about fessin' up up to how you did it?

Got it: change controller on MFC to #17 for External 2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom