Expression Pedal Recommendations

WW Audio

Inspired
I'm looking into expression pedals and wanted some recommendations from those of you who've been using them with the Axe. I've got the XL (yep, still loving it) and I'm primarily interested in an expression pedal for doing wah, volume and occasional whammy duties - for example, on patch 'A' the pedal needs to be a volume controller, on patch 'B' it needs to be a wah, and on patch 'C' it needs to be a whammy (think Satriani in Cool #9 kinda thing). This will occur in the studio and I don't yet have MFC so the pedal will be connected directly to the axe. Is there one pedal that will perform these three functions relatively well? If FAS's EP is available "soon" (like in the next couple of weeks) I'm willing to wait, otherwise I'm looking to pull the trigger within the next few days. Not overly concerned with cost, but versatility and build quality are paramount.

What say you?

Yep. Mission Engineering EP1. I'm waiting for the Fractal expression controller as well, but I have been using the Mission controllers for years. I have four of them.

Everyone digs Mission stuff and rightfully so but there are others out there that work just as well. I still like this idea...

I like a spring loaded EP-1 for wah/whammy type effects, can't be spring loaded with the auto-on parameter...simply brilliant

For things that I want a wider sweep range and more control over, I use Ernie Ball VP Jrs. You can pick them up really cheap and then just the pot to a linear one, good instructions on this very thread. I think the EB's have a fantastic feel under foot with a nice range, and they are pretty small and light. Stuff like the Boss exp pedals just take up so much space

I like a spring loaded EP-1 for wah/whammy type effects, can't be spring loaded with the auto-on parameter...simply brilliant

For things that I want a wider sweep range and more control over, I use Ernie Ball VP Jrs. You can pick them up really cheap and then just the pot to a linear one, good instructions on this very thread. I think the EB's have a fantastic feel under foot with a nice range, and they are pretty small and light. Stuff like the Boss exp pedals just take up so much space

Exactly, word by word!
I've eventually went with Mission on both expressions (volume and wah/whammy etc.), simply as I didn’t have the patient to dig in in the Ernie ball pedal.
It was more simple for me to sell it and get a Mission.
But yes, it's got the best travel and feel (the Ernie ball pedal).

Back
Top Bottom