Expression Pedal Jacks on Axe vs. on Midi Controller

Josh O

Is there any difference using the expression pedal jacks on say the Ground Control Pro vs. using the jacks on the Axe itself? I'm using my Rocktron Hex as a wah controller with one of the expression pedal jacks on the Axe (with one end of the TRS cable lead swapped) with no problems but as I set my pedalboard up coupled with my desire to add a second Rocktron Hex, I'm thinking of just jacking into the expression pedals jacks on my GCP to keep my TRS cable runs short. Any pitfalls going this way vs going straight into the Axe?

Josh O said:
Is there any difference using the expression pedal jacks on say the Ground Control Pro vs. using the jacks on the Axe itself? I'm using my Rocktron Hex as a wah controller with one of the expression pedal jacks on the Axe (with one end of the TRS cable lead swapped) with no problems but as I set my pedalboard up coupled with my desire to add a second Rocktron Hex, I'm thinking of just jacking into the expression pedals jacks on my GCP to keep my TRS cable runs short. Any pitfalls going this way vs going straight into the Axe?

It worked great on my gc pro. Works great on my liquid-control now.

Should work fine. If you plug your EXP pedals into the GCP, Be sure to keep track of which MIDI CC #s you assign them to. You'll have to edit your patches and globals on the Axe-FX to change them from PEDAL1 to EXTERN1, etc.

Back
Top Bottom