Expression Pedal Issue

I have two Mission SP-1 pedals that when calibrated will only raise the ball in the graph on the modifier screen 90% of the way with toe down. I have re-calibrated several times and even physically adjusted the roller pot in the pedal and still the same result. Heel down the graph goes to 0, toe down the graph goes to 90% and stops. No matter what I try the ball in the graph will not go 100% of the way up to fully on or open. Both pedals do the same. I have checked all the I/O settings and can't seem to find a fix or anything not set correctly. Interestingly, at one time it did go to 100%, but through various updates this is the current result. This has gone on for quite some time, so I don't remember exactly when this started, I have just been living with it but would like a fix. Everything works as it should, just can't get the modifier screen graph to increase 100%. Any suggestions?

Are the pedals connected to the Axe-FX or a MIDI controller? If MIDI controller, did you calibrate on the controller and also check programmable min/max pedal values? (The Axe-FX pedal calibration has no purpose in this scenario.)

Do you have a different cable and/or another type of pedal to try?

as bakerman asked, how exactly are you calibrating?
Are the pedals connected to the Axe-FX or a MIDI controller? If MIDI controller, did you calibrate on the controller and also check programmable min/max pedal values? (The Axe-FX pedal calibration has no purpose in this scenario.)

Do you have a different cable and/or another type of pedal to try?

They are connected to the MFC 101 and calibrated thru both the MFC and Axe-Fx on several occasions. Every time the modifier screen scale goes from 0 - 90%. I have also checked both the programmable min/max pedal values 0 - 100.
The calibration on the pedals is 0 - 116. Is that the issue. They do not go to 127.

They are connected to the MFC 101 and calibrated thru both the MFC and Axe-Fx on several occasions. Every time the modifier screen scale goes from 0 - 90%. I have also checked both the programmable min/max pedal values 0 - 100.
The calibration on the pedals is 0 - 116. Is that the issue. They do not go to 127.
if the pedals are connected to the MFC, you never need to do the Calibration on the Axe-Fx itself - that is for the Pedal jacks on the Axe.

the min/max displays on the MFC will never change. if your pedal sends 0 - 116, then that's what the Calibration procedure will show. because that's what the pedal is sending. the calibration function then "translates" the 116 in your case as "127", the full range.

are you certain you are pressing the ENTER switch on the MFC after calibrating both min and max?

you say "I have also checked both the programmable min/max pedal values 0 - 100." it should be 0 to 127. did you change it to 100?

It did turn out to be the MFC Min/Max Pedal values. It was set 0 - 115, not 0 - 127. I reset, re-calibrated and everything works perfect. It's always something easy and overlooked, isn't it? And to think I lived with it like this for a while. What a DoDo bird...
Thank-you Chris and Bakerman for your reply and help. Because of it the mystery (to me) was solved. Thanks again.

Hi everyone!

I pretty have the same problem as Flying Fingers : When I push the Sp-1, the ball on the graph only goes up to 90%.

I carrefully followed the instructions of this awesome video :

but when it comes to the calibration of the Sp-1 I have two problems :
- When I press the "Enter" it doesn't anything.
- Then, when I push the Sp-1 the values don't move. they stay at "Min 000" and "Max 127"

It's like the Sp-1 doesn't communicate with the MFC101

What's also strange is that the information goes to the Axe Fx because I can control a Volume/Pitch/Wah block (but only to 90%)

It's like the Max of the Sp-1 is more than 127 XD

can someone help me, please?

Thanks you very much.

Hi everyone!

I pretty have the same problem as Flying Fingers : When I push the Sp-1, the ball on the graph only goes up to 90%.

I carrefully followed the instructions of this awesome video :

but when it comes to the calibration of the Sp-1 I have two problems :
- When I press the "Enter" it doesn't anything.
- Then, when I push the Sp-1 the values don't move. they stay at "Min 000" and "Max 127"

It's like the Sp-1 doesn't communicate with the MFC101

What's also strange is that the information goes to the Axe Fx because I can control a Volume/Pitch/Wah block (but only to 90%)

It's like the Max of the Sp-1 is more than 127 XD

can someone help me, please?

Thanks you very much.

There are some pages that look similar to the Pedal Calibration page. Is the "enter" button lighting up at all?

I tried all the pages in the Midi section but the "Enter" button never lights up
I also tried on XP1, 2, 3 and 4 and it doesn't light up

Ok.... I must be the dumbest of all.... I was in the Midi section.

Everything works fine now. I can calibrate the SP-1.

Thank you very much and sorry for the question!

Back
Top Bottom