Expression Pedal for MFC 101

deakle

Experienced
Still waiting on my MFC 101 but I have a question. If it has been asked before I apologize but I cannot seem to find mention of it in the forum. What is the best expression pedal for the MFC 101? From all their mention here in the forum, I assume that it would be Mission Engineering, but I would like to know. I am looking at one for Wah and Whammy effects. Would I need two separate pedals? Thanks for the help!

I've tried both the Mission and the Boss FV-100 and I prefer the Boss by a mile. Smooth travel, doesn't need adjustment, and built solid. My Mission pedals were always requiring tightening and I had to adjust the pot to "calibrate" it. Real pain.

I've tried both the Mission and the Boss FV-100 and I prefer the Boss by a mile. Smooth travel, doesn't need adjustment, and built solid. My Mission pedals were always requiring tightening and I had to adjust the pot to "calibrate" it. Real pain.

I am used to "real" wah pedals. Although the MP is built like a tank and it is probably one of the best pedals you can get for the Axe - I do not like how it "feels" out of the box.

I was planning on using mine this weekend at a gig (I have two) but will not until I adjust the feel of rocker as well as adjusting the on/off switch.

Right now it feels more like an "expression" pedal (which it is) -- I want it to feel more like a traditional wah pedal.

Interesting. I thought the Mission felt more like a real wah pedal and the Boss felt like an expression pedal. To each his own. I tend to prefer the feel of expression pedals from Boss GT units, the POD HD, and even the Morley Bad Horsie. Smooth. :)

I just purchased 3 of the Mission EP1s. I bought a red one , green one and Pearl one. Two of them I had loaded with the springs. I like the idea of using the auto engage function with the spring unit for Wah wah. I am going to use the other spring unit for Whammy and the one without the spring for volume. I saw a set up with this exact configuration using a pedaltrain board. The MFC-101 and three EP1s looks nice and sweet. Now I cant wait to get the MFC-101. Oh yea Mission was awesome to work with I talked to one of the guys there for quite awhile and they were very helpful with my decision. I wish you the best which ever way you go. I was going to purchase the SP-1 but decided to just use two separate pedal because i wanted the spring option and the SP-1 can have the spring. Still a great pedal though.

I sent an email to AMT asking if they would consider making an Expression Pedal. I got a reply today saying that they've gotten many requests for it and that AMT Russia will probably make one later this year. Anyone like me who wants tiny, light pedals should send them further encouragement.

I used to have 3 Mission pedals. They are very well made and sturdy. They feel like a "real" pedal to me as well. However, they are heavy. And though all 3 of my pedals would stay locked in a middle position (e.g "cocked wah"), one of them did so only barely, and I can see how eventually they would wear out and not stay locked. I ended up replacing them with Boss EV-5 pedals. They work fine and weigh a whole lot less. They don't feel as "real" and aren't as sturdy, but they do the job for less than half the price (used) of Mission pedals. And they stay in whatever position I leave them in.

So, I'd say in order to determine which pedals are the best, consider how many you will want to use and how often you will be carrying your pedalboard to rehearsals and gigs, and if you'll want them to stay in some position other than toe down.

Back
Top Bottom