Expression pedal ?: EB Jr

jeffinaustin

Inspired
I'm using it to control the volume module and it seems to "engage" abruptly. i.e - the sound kind of comes in a split second after I begin the sweep. After that it's really natural all the way through. Anyone else using an EB Jr experiencing this or find a tweak to fix it?

jeffinaustin said:
I'm using it to control the volume module and it seems to "engage" abruptly. i.e - the sound kind of comes in a split second after I begin the sweep. After that it's really natural all the way through. Anyone else using an EB Jr experiencing this or find a tweak to fix it?

If you are using the auto-engage try setting it to fast. It takes some movement to get the autoengage to kick in. What are your dampening settings.

Source - Extrn 1
Start: 0%
Mid - 50%
End - 100%
Slope - 35%
Scale - 100%
Offset - 50%
Damping - 0 ms
Autoeng - off

jeffinaustin said:
Source - Extrn 1
Start: 0%
Mid - 50%
End - 100%
Slope - 35%
Scale - 100%
Offset - 50%
Damping - 0 ms
Autoeng - off

Have you tried a different taper like log A or B in the vol block parameters.

The log tapers are to make a linear expression pedal operate more like a typical volume pedal taper. They are not what you need right now!

I'll have to check my settings again, but I think I had to set the slope around 12% to get a response similar to what the volume pedal provided in it's intended use.

Honestly, the EB pedals as expression pedals are near impossible to get exactly like you are familiar with them as volume pedals. Setting the slope around 12% got me close enough that I'm happy with it, but it isn't exactly the same.

D

dk_ace said:
The log tapers are to make a linear expression pedal operate more like a typical volume pedal taper. They are not what you need right now!

I'll have to check my settings again, but I think I had to set the slope around 12% to get a response similar to what the volume pedal provided in it's intended use.

Honestly, the EB pedals as expression pedals are near impossible to get exactly like you are familiar with them as volume pedals. Setting the slope around 12% got me close enough that I'm happy with it, but it isn't exactly the same.

D

Yeah, your right on that. It probably make it worse. There is a taper switch on the EB jr. I think I remember it is on the inside left on the toe side (a little switch).

The taper switch on the EB is weird. Some people can tell a difference, some can't. Some days I could, and some I couldn't. As an expression pedal, the difference was miniscule. I couldn't hear it honestly.

The only thing I found to really help with getting it to work with the AFX was the slope control. I think Scott Peterson is the one that suggested the 12% thing, and that did it for me. The taper isn't perfect, but it is close enough to make me happy. I would rather deal with a less than perfect taper and have the feel of the EB pedal. I'm just so used to it I couldn't imagine using anything else for volume control.

D

dk_ace said:
The taper switch on the EB is weird. Some people can tell a difference, some can't. Some days I could, and some I couldn't. As an expression pedal, the difference was miniscule. I couldn't hear it honestly.

The only thing I found to really help with getting it to work with the AFX was the slope control. I think Scott Peterson is the one that suggested the 12% thing, and that did it for me. The taper isn't perfect, but it is close enough to make me happy. I would rather deal with a less than perfect taper and have the feel of the EB pedal. I'm just so used to it I couldn't imagine using anything else for volume control.

D

I liked the taper a bit better when I tried switchingit. I just use a linear roland pedal now for volume though. Yeah, once you get used to the feel, it hard to switch.

I agree with the feel of the EB jr pedals. I absolutely love them.

So much so that I changed the pot in one of mine to a linear pot. It was a pain in the ass, but worth it. There are one or two other guys on the g-system forum that have done the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom