Expression pedal doesn't work ! HELP !

Thanks to everyone for all the help !

I got it working fine now !!

What I didn't realize is that the calibration screen doesn't show anything after you move the pedal up/down. So I kept thinking it wasn't;t even responding.

They key to making the pedal work is making sure to activate a BLOCK in a preset, such as Wah. Then make sure you select the parameter to alter/change when using the pedal, then right click on that same pararmeter in Axe EDIT, and make sure to choose Pedal 1 in the list of sources (assuming the expression pedal is plugged into Expression 1) Think it's labeled pedal 1 instead of expression 1 since it can be used for external pedal other than expression pedals.

I have to admit, I love having this great forum and all the awesome people that are willing to help !!! Thanks everyone !

Im a little late to this party..but was having the same problem you were describing..You got it working for me in a flash...Thanks !!!!!

What I didn't realize is that the calibration screen doesn't show anything after you move the pedal up/down. So I kept thinking it wasn't;t even responding.

They key to making the pedal work is making sure to activate a BLOCK in a preset, such as Wah. Then make sure you select the parameter to alter/change when using the pedal, then right click on that same pararmeter in Axe EDIT, and make sure to choose Pedal 1 in the list of sources (assuming the expression pedal is plugged into Expression 1) Think it's labeled pedal 1 instead of expression 1 since it can be used for external pedal other than expression pedals.

I have to admit, I love having this great forum and all the awesome people that are willing to help !!! Thanks everyone !
The name of the jack is “Pedal 1” so that’s why it’s called Pedal 1. The concept in general is known as “expression” so all of those Sources could be called that too. So naming it what the jack is called makes the most sense.

Choose a parameter to modify, assign the correct source. 2 steps, super simple.

I'm sorry I responded after a year, I am running trough the same problem, and I cant get it to work. Can somebody help me PLEASE!?
I have a DVP4 with a TS cable (as far as I know it can be used with that cable as long as you want to control only 1 exp, in this case volume)
So when I move the pedal up and down it just moves very little, not from 1-100% as it should be, the switches inside the dvp4 are set to EXP and TIP.
Can you detail more the instructions to set it up on the AX8? I want to control volume... BTW on the source list I don't see it listed as Pedal 1, but as External 1, is that the one should be selected?
Later I will sell this pedal to get a pedal with a toe switch to control volume and expression at the same time.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I responded after a year, I am running trough the same problem, and I cant get it to work. Can somebody help me PLEASE!?
I have a DVP4 with a TS cable (as far as I know it can be used with that cable as long as you want to control only 1 exp, in this case volume)
So when I move the pedal up and down it just moves very little, not from 1-100% as it should be, the switches inside the dvp4 are set to EXP and TIP.
Can you detail more the instructions to set it up on the AX8? I want to control volume...
Later I will sell this pedal to get a pedal with a toe switch to control volume and expression at the same time.
Wrong cable.

Can you detail more the instructions to set it up on the AX8? I want to control volume... BTW on the source list I don't see it listed as Pedal 1, but as External 1, is that the one should be selected?
From the pedal owners manual:

EXPRESSION MODE (10 KΩ POT)
• Set TUNER/EXP switch to the EXP position. Run
a stereo or TRS cable from the DVP4’s AUX jack to your FX pedal’s expression jack.

Back
Top Bottom