Expression pedal Delay Problem

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
Im not sure if this an Axe 3 problem or the FC but when I fire up the axe 3 and FC pedal, my Fractal wah and volume pedals have a delay when using them. If I bring the volume pedal down then up you can hear the volume jumping up in increments almost like the sound isn't loading fast enough. After a couple minutes and switching around the presets back and forth, every works fine again.

Anyone else have this issue?

High CPU load will cause this. Are you near or above 80%?
Yes.
At about 82%
Is this only a problem on initial startup until everything loads? Or will this be causing intermittent issues during a gig. None of my presets get above 83%.

What's your update rate set to in the patch controller assignments? When I edit presets in Axe-Edit it seems to default to slow. For smooth wah and volume operation I set it to fast.

Yes.
At about 82%
Is this only a problem on initial startup until everything loads? Or will this be causing intermittent issues during a gig. None of my presets get above 83%.
Yes, it will... You should not go above 80%.

I do know that there is a bit of extra "housekeeping" that happens after boot up that which is probably causing the load to be a bit higher for a short time.

You might get lucky and not face issues after that, but 80% is the danger zone on the Axe Fx III.

Yes, it will... You should not go above 80%.

I do know that there is a bit of extra "housekeeping" that happens after boot up that which is probably causing the load to be a bit higher for a short time.

You might get lucky and not face issues after that, but 80% is the danger zone on the Axe Fx III.
according to axe edit 85% is the danger zone

no prob.
I just double checked my presets and they're only at 76%.
This really isn't a huge issue of having to wait a bit for it to load initially, I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a bug or something that could potentially cause any issues at a gig.

Back
Top Bottom