Expression pedal controls last selected effect

Hi, did a search, didn't find anything on this, but can't believe it hasn't been asked. Is there a way to designate an expression pedal to control a chosen parameter on whatever effect was most recently selected?

That seems like a very dynamic way to utilize expression. I like that concept!

Another cool application would be to be able to control the parameter under the cursor when editing with an expression control, then you can continue playing and listening whilst tweaking the pre-amp drive etc. My ADA MP2 used to do that and it made tweaking much easier.

How about this idea:
The last four External Controllers (Extrn 9-12) are "dynamic". They only act on the last effect engaged/bypassed. I.e., if you engage the Chorus and you have Extrn 9 attached to Rate it will control the rate until you engage/bypass a different effect. If that different effect also uses Extrn 9 then Extrn 9 will control that effect.

After preset recall no effects will be controlled until engaged/bypassed.

How about this idea:
The last four External Controllers (Extrn 9-12) are "dynamic". They only act on the last effect engaged/bypassed. I.e., if you engage the Chorus and you have Extrn 9 attached to Rate it will control the rate until you engage/bypass a different effect. If that different effect also uses Extrn 9 then Extrn 9 will control that effect.

Please make this such that users can enable that feature or not. I have controllers 9 and 10 permanently assigned already on most of my presets. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

I think this would be pretty cool actually. I could see where it might get complicated for the expression pedal settings per effect that it controls but definitely helps make more efficient use of your expression pedal. Sweet to see Cliff himself like the idea!

could the OP expand a bit on how this would be utilized?

for now, can you use Scenes to bypass/engage different effect blocks with the same External Controller assigned to various parameters - scene 1 whammy control, scene 2 bypass whammy engage wah external is wah control, scene 3 bypass wah engage vol block external is volume volume parameter... etc.

would that work? is the request for having multiple blocks all engaged with controllers?

Disadvantage of the "dynamic" controller probably is that you can't set it om forehand. For ex. set a rotary rate before engaging the Rotary.

could the OP expand a bit on how this would be utilized?

for now, can you use Scenes to bypass/engage different effect blocks with the same External Controller assigned to various parameters - scene 1 whammy control, scene 2 bypass whammy engage wah external is wah control, scene 3 bypass wah engage vol block external is volume volume parameter... etc.

would that work? is the request for having multiple blocks all engaged with controllers?

Hi, I don't currently use scenes, I usually select the preset I want, then enter reveal mode to have my effects available. I typically have the same effects chain available in most presets. I use one exp. pedal for output volume, and currently, one for wah in every preset. What I was hoping for was to have the current wah exp pedal control whatever parameter I had chosen to control in a given effect, when I choose that effect. By the way, let me add my thanks for all your valuable input to the community.

How about this idea:

So i can set different parameter values with the same external controller? This would be super cool!
But when bypassing a effect, why should the expression control then the actual parameter of the last bypassed effect? Did not get it.

Also: What happens on scene change? Imagine the last selected effect in scene 1 was active to control, after changing to scene with two (other) engaged effects correspondenidng to that same externeal controll are active on that scene (2). Which effect will be then controlled by the expression pedal?

I'd rather see some development regarding a different set of controllers for X and Y states.
I usually use an expression pedal to morph into a soloing sound by increasing gain and master in the amp block. This way I can only use either X or Y state of the block but not both for different amps since gain and master are usually different. When using two amps in one preset I always have to fall back on a second amp block instead of being able to switch XY states.
Or has there been some change to it in the meantime? I have not been following the forum for quite some time...

Back
Top Bottom