Expression pedal control of Output 2 volume

rickboot

Fractal Fanatic
On my Axe-FX II and AX8 I copied Out1 to Out2. Out1 went to FOH and Out2 went to my monitor. I used an expression pedal to control Out2 volume without affecting Out1.

I configured my III the same way as on my AX8: Copy Out1 to Out2, expression 2 and Out2 MIDI CC set to 11). However, I can no longer control Out2 via an expression pedal. Is this due to a different signal or control scheme in the III?

On my Axe-FX II and AX8 I copied Out1 to Out2. Out1 went to FOH and Out2 went to my monitor. I used an expression pedal to control Out2 volume without affecting Out1.

I configured my III the same way as on my AX8: Copy Out1 to Out2, expression 2 and Out2 MIDI CC set to 11). However, I can no longer control Out2 via an expression pedal. Is this due to a different signal or control scheme in the III?
Can you not assign a modifier to the Level control of Output 2 block?

Thought about that but I was hoping to not have to add an Output 2 block to all of my patches. Might have to though.
Ah... I have 3 output blocks in all my presets and haven't used the Copy option for a long time (never on Axe Fx III). Forgot about that ;)

Refering to the manual: the volumes of the output blocks get controlled that way. As long ay there is no output 2 block in the grid it will not work. So it's different from a II or an Ax8

How do I make certain when I do volume swells and use expression pedal to 0, it translates to FOH? I have FM9 set for out1 to my stage monitor and out2 to FOH. If I have expression pedal,"which is assigned to be global VOLUME pedal" off, hear nothing on stage, I still hear it in House.

Add an OUT 2 block in your presets instead of using the Copy Output 1 option in the I/O menu. Then the MIDI/Remote menu volume control for Output 2 will work as expected.

Back
Top Bottom