Fixed Expression pedal calibration

I'm the OP from that thread and I have an FM3 coming today. I'll give it a try and see if I can repro later this afternoon.

Maybe a dumb question, but how can you tell? The virtual knob moves but the value for the parameter displayed above it on the FM3 and in FM3 Edit stays at 0. On the Axe Fx the value updates in real-time as you sweep the pedal and I could see it never hit 100%. On the FM3 it looks like I'm getting the full range just eyeballing the controller graph and knob, but it's impossible to tell for sure.

I'd appreciate that! I go under Setup, Utilities, ADC levels. It shows the pedal levels it's detecting and I can't get it to go to 100% there. Mine gets stuck at around 88% on toe down after calibration. When I calibrate I can't get the bar to go all the way to the right either.

I'd appreciate that! I go under Setup, Utilities, ADC levels. It shows the pedal levels it's detecting and I can't get it to go to 100% there. Mine gets stuck at around 88% on toe down after calibration. When I calibrate I can't get the bar to go all the way to the right either.
Ah, I didn't know you could see it there. This does look like a similar bug to the one I was seeing on my Axe Fx with the expression pedal plugged into my FC12. With a brand new EV-2 plugged into the Pedal 1 jack on the FM3 I'm only able to get it up to 97%. I've calibrated the pedal a few times with no change.

Setup, Utilities, ADC levels. It shows the pedal levels it's detecting and I can't get it to go to 100% there. Mine gets stuck at around 88% on toe down after calibration. When I calibrate I can't get the bar to go all the way to the right either.

After calibrating mine goes to about 96%. Appears to be a bug. I'm using a Fractal EV-1.

Same problem here. I’m on 1.03 not sure if it’s being corrected on the beta.

not to much problem with a wha, but the whammy is unusable if I can’t get to the right pitch

@BryantP Either this hasn't been fixed in v1.04 or I must have some kind of weird hardware issue. I've tried with two different EV-2s and multiple TRS cables plugged into Pedal 1. After calibrating it always maxes out at 97% on the ADC Levels page.

EDIT: Nevermind, user error.

Last edited:
@BryantP Either this hasn't been fixed in v1.04 or I must have some kind of weird hardware issue. I've tried with two different EV-2s and multiple TRS cables plugged into Pedal 1. After calibrating it always maxes out at 97% on the ADC Levels page.
"Calibration" means compensating for the sweep of the pedal. It doesn't change the peal's actual sweep, so if your pedal was maxing out at 97% before calibration, it'll still max out at 97% after calibration.

"Calibration" means compensating for the sweep of the pedal. It doesn't change the peal's actual sweep, so if your pedal was maxing out at 97% before calibration, it'll still max out at 97% after calibration.
Well, I’m pretty sure it’s not a problem with either of my EVs. They work fine with my Axe. However there was an identical bug on the Axe that was fixed recently, my guess is that hasn’t been ported to the FM3 yet.

Well, I’m pretty sure it’s not a problem with either of my EVs. They work fine with my Axe. However there was an identical bug on the Axe that was fixed recently, my guess is that hasn’t been ported to the FM3 yet.
Are there any parameters in any blocks where you're not getting the full sweep?

Are there any parameters in any blocks where you're not getting the full sweep?
Just checked and yes I am getting the full sweep on parameters. I should have checked that before bumping this. The thing that threw me was the same pedal shows a higher max value on the ADC levels tab on the Axe than the FM3. Regardless, it actually is working correctly.

Back
Top Bottom