Expression Pedal Calibration Question

Will this also work for the lower range? I have the same issue plugging an expression pedal into my FC12, and it goes from like 0.2 to 9.6 instead of 0-10. So with heel all the way down there is still some sound, although almost inaudible. More noticeable live.

I have this issue plugging expression straight into my FC12.
What expression pedal?

That's an issue with your MIDI controller. We have not control over pedal calibration in 3rd-party devices.

@Megahertzz - I confirmed that using an expression pedal works via MIDI correctly a build or two ago. You probably need to calibrate your pedals on your RJM gizmo.

Pedals have been calibrated several times, still ends up at 99.2%, although sometimes it stays at 99.2 a few seconds and then goes to 100. I'll try an earlier firmware and see if that helps. I'm still 99.2 % sure the midi controller is not the issue.

Pedals have been calibrated several times, still ends up at 99.2%, although sometimes it stays at 99.2 a few seconds and then goes to 100. I'll try an earlier firmware and see if that helps. I'm still 99.2 % sure the midi controller is not the issue.
Did you install 12.06 official FW first?

Connect your RJM to your computer via MIDI and see what value is getting transmitted. If it doesn't go 0-127, then it's not sending the full range.I use Pocket MIDI to monitor on Windows. They make a Mac version as well.

https://www.morson.jp/pocketmidi-webpage/

I will test MIDI again to verify the Axe-Fx III (and FM3) are responding to MIDI right.

I did a reset of system parameters on the Axe, and on the GT22, and did a new setup on both units. Seems to be working now.

Connect your RJM to your computer via MIDI and see what value is getting transmitted. If it doesn't go 0-127, then it's not sending the full range.I use Pocket MIDI to monitor on Windows. They make a Mac version as well.

https://www.morson.jp/pocketmidi-webpage/

I will test MIDI again to verify the Axe-Fx III (and FM3) are responding to MIDI right.

I did test expression pedal via MIDI again tonight with both the Axe-Fx III and the FM3 and they're both working correctly.

I have two Mission Pedals and have calibrated them both but they are still not working correctly. I have the latest firmware 12.06 and latest Axe Edit. Any idea what I can do to get them working correctly? I am using one as a volume pedal and it won't go all the way up.

I have two Mission Pedals and have calibrated them both but they are still not working correctly. I have the latest firmware 12.06 and latest Axe Edit. Any idea what I can do to get them working correctly? I am using one as a volume pedal and it won't go all the way up.
Are you using TRS cables and not instrument cables? How far do the pedals go?

Is there a fix for this? I have tried over and over to recalibrate my pedal and as you can see it says 100% but it is more like 95%1586465911451.png

I'm having an odd issue with my pedal as well. I just haven't made a post about it yet because I use the pedal infrequently.

Latest firmware (12.07) installed on Axe-Fx III. Latest firmware (1.11) installed on FC-12.
Run through calibration steps for pedal. Everything looks OK.
Add a volume block to my preset.

If I just leave it up in the topmost position, but with my foot off the pedal, it will quickly bounce around between 9.92 - 9.98 or so. It's wild. I'll try to take a video.
If I push down on the pedal HARD, it'll register as volume 10, but as soon as I take my foot off the pedal (again, leaving the pedal in its fully open position, just without my foot on it), it goes back to quickly oscillating between 9.92 and 9.98.

I have TWO EV-1s and this occurs with both of them, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Back
Top Bottom