Expression pedal calibration issue

basilfawlty

Hi, just picked up an Axe-FX II XL+ and MFC-101 Mark III. I have a brand new Dunlop DVP-4 Mini that I want to use as a volume pedal. I have plugged it into XP1 on the MFC with two different TRS cables (one brand new). When I follow the calibration procedure, everything is fine until I try to set the max range at the toe position. It never registers the whole range of 127, typically maxing out at 006-007. Obviously this is not useful. I'm not sure where I goofed. Thanks for any help!

Check the mini switches inside the DVP-4. It might be set to the wrong polarity and/or function. Also make sure the internal trimpot is turned all the way down (fully counterclockwise).

Thanks, mr_fender. The trim pot is fully counterclockwise. First dip switch is set to "EXP" and the second is set to "tip" and same result. Are those not the correct settings?

If you're getting the same behavior with the polarity switch in both positions it sounds like maybe a wiring or connection issue.

If you're getting the same behavior with the polarity switch in both positions it sounds like maybe a wiring or connection issue.
Yeah, IDK, I'm stumped. I've tried both positions and all the expression jacks as well as different cables. The pedal works on my other board. I guess I'll dig up another pedal and see.

Fair question :), but sadly I was doing it in the right place. I have an EV-5 around here somewhere, I'm gonna see if I have the same problem.

Hi, I did. No change. BUT...
I borrowed a Moog EP-3 and it behaved exactly as it should. I suppose my question would therefore properly go in a Dunlop forum. Strange that the Dunlop pedal is fine on my other (standard fx) board. I should be more curious, but I'll probably just go play for a while. Thanks for chiming in!

Back
Top Bottom