Expression calibration + wah auto engage issues

fuzzyoctaves

Inspired
I am experiencing two problems that are compounding each other:

Problem 1: The expression calibration seems off. I've tested it with 3 different pedals:
a. Mission Ep-1 spring loaded - The first 1/8th and the last 1/16th of travel don't register in AxeEdit
b. Mission Ep-1 - The last 1/16th of travel doesn't register in AxeEdit
c. Dunlop DVP3 - The first 1/8th and the last 1/16th of travel don't register in AxeEdit

Problem 2: I am realizing that my auto engage settings for the block bypass aren't right as the Wah block keeps cutting out in AxeEdit. With the bypass set to slow pos, it is only turning on at 50% of the travel on pedal a above. If I dip below 50% for less than a second, the block bypasses.

Much thanks for any help.

Here is a screenshot of the settings:

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 11.35.31 AM.png

Is the dot moving the full distance on the graph with these pedals? Sometimes pedals will have dead zones at one or both ends where the voltage/value isn't changing very much. You can view the actual pedal ADC levels in the Utilities menu to look for signs of this.

Your image shows a bypass modifier, which makes any autoengage settings (on any modifier in the block) irrelevant. Delete that and enable autoengage on the "control" parameter modifier instead.

Delete that and enable autoengage on the "control" parameter modifier instead.
This^

As far as the pedals and full range of sweep, that's exactly what calibration is for.

It detects the min and max values the pedal sends and "scales" that as 100%.

Ah - problem 2 is solved - changing to the control parameter did the trick. I must have had my II set that way and forgot it when I was setting up the III.

Re problem 1: the dot does move the full range. I had these pedals hooked up to my FC6, so the ADC levels didn't show. I swapped pedal a to the III's pedal 1 jack and the ADC only goes up to 92% even though I re-calibrated the pedal. The ADC goes up to 46 and then registers .01 on the Control with the taper set to linear.

Interestingly, the calibration screen for the FC shows a slider and the III's pedal 1+2 doesn't. When I am calibrating the pedal through the FC, the slider only goes up to ~92%.

The ADC goes up to 46 and then registers .01 on the Control with the taper set to linear.

Actually, I just tested it with a knob expression controller and it goes up to 47 before it registers .01, which equates to 5%. Since the Off Value only goes down to 5%, I guess that explains it. I wonder why the Off Value doesn't go below 5%, but I guess I can work around it.

Thanks for the help Bakerman and unix-guy - you are both really helpful!

Back
Top Bottom