Expression Boss FV 500h

kavevester

Inspired
Is there a impedans issue when using different Exp pedals? My Boss FV500H only makes the calibration move from 7-9 (0-127) When using the
AXE pedal input it should be between 10K-100Kohm but nothing mentioned when going through the MFC???

I could never get my exp pedals to work correctly in that pedal input, no matter how much I calibrated it... Works fine in my All Access.

Oh sorry, I see you're talking about the MFC input. I'll just follow this discussion then, as I will probably use the BOSS pedals if getting myself an MFC.

Last edited:
Is there a impedans issue when using different Exp pedals? My Boss FV500H only makes the calibration move from 7-9 (0-127) When using the
AXE pedal input it should be between 10K-100Kohm but nothing mentioned when going through the MFC???

I do not quite understand what you mean (the move from 7-9?). I have a Boss FV500H and it works fine with the MFC-101 controller. When I calibrate it on the MFC-101, the range is MIN (000) and MAX (115). I believe I once read a thread/post about the fact (?) that your Axe-Fx correlates the MAX range of the pedal to MAX 127 regardless of what the physical electric range of the Boss-pedal is (or any other expression-pedal).

Last edited:
Make sure you are using a stereo (TRS - TRS) cable ( a regular TS guitar cable won't work) and that you are connecting the expression out on the Boss to the expression in on the MFC. Then, as TT says, make sure the trimpot on the Boss is set to min. Then calibrate the MFC according the the instructions in the MFC manual. This should get you going. Mission.

Back
Top Bottom