Exporting Tone Match Issue

rrhoads17

Inspired
When I try to export a Tone Match, I save it to an empty cab block and name it, but when I put a cab in the chain, I look for the saved Tone Match and it doesn't appear on the list of cabs.

That worked, thanks! When I go to another preset to do a TM, it still shows my previous tonematch, and the block does not seem to reset. How do I fix that?

That worked, thanks! When I go to another preset to do a TM, it still shows my previous tonematch, and the block does not seem to reset. How do I fix that?
That's normal. (Just like the Looper) It retains the previous info until you do another match or turn off the Axe-Fx III.

I usually just bypass the Tone Match block until I have finished the first attempt of the new match, so the old match doesn't throw me off.

Will having the old match there mess up the match you are working on? It doesnt seem to make a difference cause I just tone match recordings from YouTube like isolated tracks, etc.

Will having the old match there mess up the match you are working on? It doesnt seem to make a difference cause I just tone match recordings from YouTube like isolated tracks, etc.
No.. Only affects what you are hearing while matching. That's why I temporarily bypass the Tone Match block on the first attempt of a subsequent match.

I also typically get better results if I still use a Cab block (with an IR that gets me somewhat close) placed just before the Tone Match block. Helps dial in the Amp block a bit better. Then the match doesn't have to work as hard. It acts as a post corrective EQ. This also leaves all of the parameters in the cab block for further tweaking. And also allows you to tweak the 'Amount' and 'Smoothing' parameters from a 100% match, to a 0% match, and anywhere in between.

Back
Top Bottom