Exporting Mulitple Presets Quickly with Unlinked Amp Blocks

Axeman

Experienced
This is a question that likely should go under Axe Edit and Bot, but I thought I would post here because it applies to both. I have most presets linked to global blocks. I save the entire blocks and system often. But I also save the individual presets using Axe Edit and the Bot. But I believe there is always a problem restoring a preset that was linked to a global block. So if I restore from a preset that was linked to a global, does it default to the global settings in the Axe?

More importantly, how can I quickly save all my presets with their amp models unlinked? I want to have a record of them as stand alone presets. Right now i have to unlink the amp, save it and then export it. Then link it again. It takes up a lot of time.

I want to save presets like this in case I lose track of global amp models or write over them by mistake. It's hard to keep track given we can't name G1, G2 etc.

I realizes the global amp models are backed up in the system file, but I don't want to have to restore the entire system if I have one problem with one global that I know had to do with one preset. I prefer just just restore the preset with the amp model settings I know are correct, and then upload that preset's amp model up into the global. I hope this makes sense.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thx!

In AE'S Preferences you can instruct AE to unlink globals when you save a preset to disk. This means you can save a bunch of unlinked presets to disk, by multi-selecting them in AE's Preset manager.

Or save them with linked blocks if you want that. They will then refer to the global data. If you don't want that, you can still unlink the preset (on the front panel).

Last edited:
In AE'S Preferences you can instruct AE to unlink globals when you save a preset to disk. This means you can save a bunch of unlinked presets to disk, by multi-selecting them in AE's Preset manager.

Or save them with linked blocks if you want that. They wil then refer to the global data. If you don't want that, you can still unlink the preset.

Thank you, Yek! And thx for all your contributions over so many years. You go way back and I've learned a lot from your posts.

Back
Top Bottom