Exporting IRs

CrunchyBob

Inspired
Hi Y'all,

I have a couple of IRs I captured this weekend and would like to upload them for some feedback. How do I export them? Does this require Axe Edit (which I have avoided pending the new release) or something like Axe-O-Matic?

Pending IRs are a 100W Weber Legacy M75 Large Dust Cap in a Mesa Thiele and a Weber 50W Alnico Blue Dog, Lite Dope, in a Recto 2x12.

Thanks!

Your IRs sound very promising Bob. I haven't made an IR yet, but It's pretty easy to export them with axe edit. It won't muck anything up as long as you don't edit with it.

To export an IR in axe edit, I just go to the axe-manage tab on the left; select 'user cabs' under 'axe-fx' on the left. this should bring up a list of your IRs on your axe-fx (I can't recall, but initially you may have to rt click or something to 'get from axe-fx' to bring them up/transfer them from the axe to your computer). Then you can drag themto the column on the right under 'cabs' and they should show up in the Fractal Audio part of My Documents under axe-edit/cabs

Thanks Guys - seems like Axe-Edit D/L's are disabled and the only way is Sysex dump of the system. If I knew the offsets of the IR data in the sysex file, I could probably extract with a Hex Editor. :geek

I guess I'll wait till AE TNP.

I'm not with my Axe right now but there's a send/dump cab to MIDI and send/dump cab to USB option by pressing the Utility button and tabbing to the Preset menu. Use MIDI OX (Windows) or Snoize (Mac) to receive the file, don't start the receive on MidiOx or Snoize until you're in the utility menu (there's some midi pinging going on when you're not in the Utility menu and you don't need these messages in your IR file). If using Snoize use 'Record Many' or you'll only capture the first MIDI message, a complete IR file should be about 11k bytes and about 66 midi messages.

I'll be back with my Axe tomorrow and can give more details if you need.

Last edited:
Hi Bob thanks for the IRs. I've only had a brief whirl through them, but they are great. I dialled up a Badger patch and the Blue Dog was awesome, so I thought that was my favourite, but after experimenting a bit I really like the M75 with a wider variety of amps. It has a lot of punch. FWIW, in reference to your Axechange notes, I didn't find them too boomy at all - certainly less bass than most of the 4x12s which I do find too boomy generally

Back
Top Bottom