Export User Cab

rascarvalho

Inspired
HI everybody!

I recently received my new axe fx 2 (I'm an axe fx ultra user for a long), and I'd like to know how to use the function that I found on Utility --> IR CAP --> DUMP.
I made a User Cab using TBA block and saved it to a USER CAB Bank. Now, i wanna export this file to my mac. When I enter on Utility menu (dump), I can see an option to export a file or a Raw file. How does it work?
The same thing for the TBA block. When I enter in EDIT mode --> Export, there is "press X to Dump to USB". How does it work too?
I really want to export a file from axe fx to use it into cablab or made a cab to use into my axe fx ultra (backup).
BTW, I read lots of old posts, but none explains how to do it.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi rascarvalho,

« I recently received my new axe fx 2 (I'm an axe fx ultra user for a long), and I'd like to know how to

use the function that I found on Utility --> IR CAP --> DUMP. »

Capture d’écran 2017-04-01 à 21.35.28.png

- personally i use Cab Lab 3 : https://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Lab_3_Bundle_p/fas-803-3003.htm

to perform the IR Capture and save it as a cab in the Axe (.syx) ,

or computer (in cab (.syx) and raw impulse response (.ir) formats)

Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 15.58.56.png

- from your Axe / UTILITY / IR CAP, you can also SAVE the IR Capture in a Axe cab slot, and use Fractal

Bot http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php for transfer to a computer

(Macbook Pro here)

a) Choose the "receive" tab

b) with the browse button, choose the destination of your export (your desktop for exemple)

c) click begin, choose « Back up an individual User Cab »

and type the User Cab slot number where is the cab which you want to store.

Capture d’écran 2017-04-01 à 16.24.34.png

Capture d’écran 2017-04-01 à 16.24.56.png

"I made a User Cab using TBA block and saved it to a USER CAB Bank. Now, i wanna export this file to my mac."

The same as above...

i've tried to use a transfer of a TMA from the Axe to computer, using Fractal Bot,

and the resulting .syx seems to work well with Cab Lab,

maybe because it's an IR (raw impulse response) and not a cab ?

« The same thing for the TMA block. When I enter in EDIT mode --> Export, there is

"press X to Dump to USB". How does it work too? »

when you choose Dump (to USB), a .syx message will be sent to the (usb) midi out port, and you will need

a 3rd party SyEx Recorder :

file:///Applications/SysEx%20Librarian.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/docs.htmld/index.html

( like explained above in IR Capture context),

Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 21.09.15.png

i’ve tried this, and if the transfer Axe > SyEx utility is ok, the result is not usable for me (But I may be mistaken somewhere!)

« I really want to export a file from axe fx to use it into cablab »

Cab Lab ( Cab Lab 3 here!) only load :

Capture d’écran 2017-04-01 à 22.30.03.png

- if you want to use an Axe User cab/.syx in cab Lab 3, other than the compatible formats,

a) try to use FracTool created by Algrenadine : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/, to convert your cab/.syx in AxeFXII resolution

(maybe you don't need to do this, because you have already an AXE FXII and not an XL or XL+?)

b) Use Axe-O-Matic : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/old/ to convert your Axe II .syx in .wav which will be compatible with Cab Lab 3

Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 22.04.08.png

« made a cab to use into my axe fx ultra (backup). »

maybe, you will need the axeomatic utility again,

to convert your Standard resolution User Cab Axe FXII, to Axe FXI format,

but i don’t know if it’s compatible with the Ultra!

i hope it will help...

:)

Last edited:
Excelente Explanation!!!
Thank you very very much!
I figure out what I was doing wrong. I was setting TMA as Live, instead Offline. When it was set to Live, the Syx file exported by Fractal-bot or Axe-Manage-Cab wasn't recognized by cab-lab. When I change to Offline, it works!
The only problem, yet, is that: when I use TMA as Live, it exports a cab as UltraRes. That's why I'm not able to load it in cab-lab, which need an .IR file. when I use TMA as Offline, it exports a cab as NormalRes, so I'm able to load it in cab-lab, but the result, comparing with UltraRes is significant.
If you know a way to export a cab from axe fx as .IR file, I'll be greatful.

Ops... I've just figure out that Axe-O-Matic and JoJos_Sysex_IR-Converter didn't work with new axe fx 2 Syx file.

Thanks again!!!

Last edited:
Actualy, what I'm trying to do is create a file using the config of the picture.
If I could create a TMA block from stock cab and export it to a user cab and them open it in cab-lab, I could create easily a similar cab to my axe fx ultra.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2017-04-02 às 19.42.54.png
    Captura de Tela 2017-04-02 às 19.42.54.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom