• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Export User Cab

rascarvalho

Inspired
HI everybody!

I recently received my new axe fx 2 (I'm an axe fx ultra user for a long), and I'd like to know how to use the function that I found on Utility --> IR CAP --> DUMP.
I made a User Cab using TBA block and saved it to a USER CAB Bank. Now, i wanna export this file to my mac. When I enter on Utility menu (dump), I can see an option to export a file or a Raw file. How does it work?
The same thing for the TBA block. When I enter in EDIT mode --> Export, there is "press X to Dump to USB". How does it work too?
I really want to export a file from axe fx to use it into cablab or made a cab to use into my axe fx ultra (backup).
BTW, I read lots of old posts, but none explains how to do it.
Thanks!

Last edited:

nikk©

Inspired
Hi rascarvalho,

« I recently received my new axe fx 2 (I'm an axe fx ultra user for a long), and I'd like to know how to

use the function that I found on Utility --> IR CAP --> DUMP. »

Capture d’écran 2017-04-01 à 21.35.28.png

- personally i use Cab Lab 3 : https://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Lab_3_Bundle_p/fas-803-3003.htm

to perform the IR Capture and save it as a cab in the Axe (.syx) ,

or computer (in cab (.syx) and raw impulse response (.ir) formats)

Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 15.58.56.png

- from your Axe / UTILITY / IR CAP, you can also SAVE the IR Capture in a Axe cab slot, and use Fractal

Bot http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php for transfer to a computer

(Macbook Pro here)

a) Choose the "receive" tab

b) with the browse button, choose the destination of your export (your desktop for exemple)

c) click begin, choose « Back up an individual User Cab »

and type the User Cab slot number where is the cab which you want to store.

Capture d’écran 2017-04-01 à 16.24.34.png

Capture d’écran 2017-04-01 à 16.24.56.png

"I made a User Cab using TBA block and saved it to a USER CAB Bank. Now, i wanna export this file to my mac."

The same as above...

i've tried to use a transfer of a TMA from the Axe to computer, using Fractal Bot,

and the resulting .syx seems to work well with Cab Lab,

maybe because it's an IR (raw impulse response) and not a cab ?

« The same thing for the TMA block. When I enter in EDIT mode --> Export, there is

"press X to Dump to USB". How does it work too? »

when you choose Dump (to USB), a .syx message will be sent to the (usb) midi out port, and you will need

a 3rd party SyEx Recorder :

file:///Applications/SysEx%20Librarian.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/docs.htmld/index.html

( like explained above in IR Capture context),

Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 21.09.15.png

i’ve tried this, and if the transfer Axe > SyEx utility is ok, the result is not usable for me (But I may be mistaken somewhere!)

« I really want to export a file from axe fx to use it into cablab »

Cab Lab ( Cab Lab 3 here!) only load :

Capture d’écran 2017-04-01 à 22.30.03.png

- if you want to use an Axe User cab/.syx in cab Lab 3, other than the compatible formats,

a) try to use FracTool created by Algrenadine : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/, to convert your cab/.syx in AxeFXII resolution

(maybe you don't need to do this, because you have already an AXE FXII and not an XL or XL+?)

b) Use Axe-O-Matic : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/old/ to convert your Axe II .syx in .wav which will be compatible with Cab Lab 3

Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 22.04.08.png

« made a cab to use into my axe fx ultra (backup). »

maybe, you will need the axeomatic utility again,

to convert your Standard resolution User Cab Axe FXII, to Axe FXI format,

but i don’t know if it’s compatible with the Ultra!

i hope it will help...

:)

Last edited:

rascarvalho

Inspired
Excelente Explanation!!!
Thank you very very much!
I figure out what I was doing wrong. I was setting TMA as Live, instead Offline. When it was set to Live, the Syx file exported by Fractal-bot or Axe-Manage-Cab wasn't recognized by cab-lab. When I change to Offline, it works!
The only problem, yet, is that: when I use TMA as Live, it exports a cab as UltraRes. That's why I'm not able to load it in cab-lab, which need an .IR file. when I use TMA as Offline, it exports a cab as NormalRes, so I'm able to load it in cab-lab, but the result, comparing with UltraRes is significant.
If you know a way to export a cab from axe fx as .IR file, I'll be greatful.

Ops... I've just figure out that Axe-O-Matic and JoJos_Sysex_IR-Converter didn't work with new axe fx 2 Syx file.

Thanks again!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom