Wish Export selected presets without prepending preset number?

ectoplasm88

Inspired
I'm hoping I'm missing an easy way to do this but is there a way to highlight a bunch of presets when in the preset manager and export them without each one getting the preset number added to the front of the preset?

@fremen I guess that is an option... sure would be nice to just have a little check box or a menu item that allowed for that to be excluded. I'll probably just write a little script to rename them after I dump them.

I ended up using the command mmv. I am on a mac and installed it with brew. This command will rename all the files in a directory stripping out everything up to and including the first underscore:

mmv 'asterisk_asterisk' '#2'

For some reason when I type in the asterisk it disappears... some sort of active formatting in here isn't allow it. Anyway replace the work asterisk with an actual asterisk.

This is not currently offered as an option. I use "A Better Finder Rename 11", a Mac application, to strip the numbers. (Great for lots of other things too.)

This is not currently offered as an option. I use "A Better Finder Rename 11", a Mac application, to strip the numbers. (Great for lots of other things too.)
I think the reason is because presets don't have to have a unique name, they can all be the same and the unit won't care. The problem is that the OS WILL care and will ask if we want to overwrite the existing preset file when we want to export them.

I think the modeler should not allow duplicate names, which would solve the problem of the preset picker painting all common-named presets with the same color or clearing them when you try to set one of the duplicates to "None", and will automatically play nice with the underlying OS.

Back
Top Bottom