Export IRs to wav

acidfrost

Inspired
Hi,

I've bought multiple cab pack to use with my Axe-FX a while back, but now just realized there's no .wav files, so can't use it outside the axe or Cab-Lab.
Is there any way to convert IR to .wav?

Thanks.

You know, I wish the Axe could support Wav export natively. There are a bunch of cool things the tone match and IR capture could do outside the Axe if you could just use the Axe as a capture tool and export to nonFAS formats.

That said, the only way I know to do what you are asking is to load each IR into a cab block and shoot an IR of the axe with only that cab block enabled in the preset. I.e. treat the Axe as a miced cab.

Tedious, for sure...

So pretty much white noise in the cab block with the IR in question loaded using an external IR tool. Yeah not that great if I want to try different IRs with other products. Hmmmm.

Thanks

THE major reason I have not bought any of Fractal's cab packs is the lack of Wave audio format IR's (.wav). With a .wav file, you can convert it to be compatible with lots of things. Also, you're not limited to only Fractal's Cab Lab plugin. I own MixIR2 and paid good money for it a long time ago. It still does the job, easy to use and is great quality. With .wav files you can use whatever IR loader you want. I feel like Fractal is pulling the old "Apple" proprietary scheme with us. This is why I solely use OwnHammer IR's (and because they're freaking awesome). The day that Fractal starts to release IR's in .wav format, is the day that I will consider buying from them. Until then, I'm content with OwnHammer.

THE major reason I have not bought any of Fractal's cab packs is the lack of Wave audio format IR's (.wav). With a .wav file, you can convert it to be compatible with lots of things. Also, you're not limited to only Fractal's Cab Lab plugin. I own MixIR2 and paid good money for it a long time ago. It still does the job, easy to use and is great quality. With .wav files you can use whatever IR loader you want. I feel like Fractal is pulling the old "Apple" proprietary scheme with us. This is why I solely use OwnHammer IR's (and because they're freaking awesome). The day that Fractal starts to release IR's in .wav format, is the day that I will consider buying from them. Until then, I'm content with OwnHammer.
so is this still the case? are we still not able to just convert the files into wav?

Back
Top Bottom