Exploring the Fender Models

Axe-Master
So many Fenders, so little time. Here's the first of what I imagine will be quite a few videos covering the Fender amp models on the III.

This video is essentially a preamble to what i want to try do and offers a quick comparison between some of my favourite models from each classic fender era; Tweed, Brownface, Blackface and Silverface. My aim is to cover each era and each amp model in turn, as well as different guitar, IR and effect combinations.

I'll keep this thread updated as I do more videos, and I'd love to be able to incorporate any tips and tricks you guys use on your Fender patches too. This should keep me busy for a little while!

Looking forward to your videos. Just a suggestion, you might consider using IRs that are included with the unit. I always find it a bit frustrating to watch a video with great tones only to find out that they are using an IR that is not available in the unit. That York Audio IR that you used in this video does sound great!

Looking forward to your videos. Just a suggestion, you might consider using IRs that are included with the unit. I always find it a bit frustrating to watch a video with great tones only to find out that they are using an IR that is not available in the unit. That York Audio IR that you used in this video does sound great!

That's definitely something I want to explore; there's a wealth of Fender IR's in the box for different flavours. The York IR is a real nice one though.

I love these tones! I’m gonna dive into the Tweed Deluxe today. And I’m with you, Leon. I could have my Strat hardwired to just the neck pickup and be completely satisfied. There’s nothing like a Strat with the neck pickup going direct into a Fender amp.

On an exciting note, the Delux Verb Cab Pack will be out on Wednesday!

Great video.

On a side note, where did you get the white YJM strat? The only "white" ones I've ever seen are the vintage white which is more like yellow. Maybe different models down under?

Men pickup in a Strat and a Fender 6 amp is just joy. Anyone who likes Fenders is going to love the cab pack, great work @York Audio!

@spagthorpe it's a Warmoth body in Mary Kaye white. I bought the neck and parts second hand and slapped them in a body I had and it came out great.

I love these tones! I’m gonna dive into the Tweed Deluxe today. And I’m with you, Leon. I could have my Strat hardwired to just the neck pickup and be completely satisfied. There’s nothing like a Strat with the neck pickup going direct into a Fender amp.

On an exciting note, the Delux Verb Cab Pack will be out on Wednesday!
Looking forward to this!

Looking forward to this series, Leon. I use a lot of Fender models with my band, and this will help me make better informed decisions about which ones to use for which songs.

Nice job Leon. Most of my tube amps are/were Fender types so I like that style. I was a little disappointed with Fender cleans on the FXII XL+. But the Fender models seem improved with the FX III and are now my first choice.

Nice playing. I consider myself a "Fender Guy" so I'm really excited for this series. A few of my thoughts on Fractal's Fender Models are below.

First off, Any guitarist who doesn't know what the "Magic Six" is needs to learn. Then don't just set the numbers but dial it in knowing that you're already almost there. When it all lines up right, you'll know! That being said, I'm more of a pedal distortion guy so I use the amp as a clean platform and rarely turn the Drive past 4.

My favorite Strat tone is a 5F1 into the 1x12 Tweed Verb (I mix the 121 & 57). Pretty much any Classic Rock tone can be dialed in between the Drive and the Input Trim. From there I tweak the Supply Sag to get the response just right.

I play in a Grateful Dead tribute so I've spent a bit of time modeling Jerry Garcia's Twin Reverb tone... Drive: 3.5, Bass:2, Mid: 8, Treble:10, and a .68 bright cap. I'm pretty sure he got those settings from Nashville Steel players. You need to ding into the power amp to really nail the "Jerry thing" it but plug a Strat into that (+JBL Impulses) and it's 90% of the way there.

It's out now! I used the 313 and and 4119 blended together in this video, two ribbons that blend together beautifully. @York Audio knocked it out of the park with that pack.

Are these two standard cabs in the new York cab pack or does this require blending their cabs with cab lab?

Leon and I swapped mix recipes quite a bit when I first made this pack, so it's highly possible that the 4119 + 313 mix he used is the one in the Producer Mixes folder in the Cab Pack.
Awesome thanks. just picked up the pack tonight. giving it a test run now.

Leon and I swapped mix recipes quite a bit when I first made this pack, so it's highly possible that the 4119 + 313 mix he used is the one in the Producer Mixes folder in the Cab Pack.

That sounds about right. These shots really have me GASing for a real 313!

Back
Top Bottom