Exploring the 2290 Delay

Great video, as usual :) Leon, are these settings of the C ++ amplifier and speakers the same as in your preset with "LT C ++" on Axe Change?

Great video, as usual :) Leon, are these settings of the C ++ amplifier and speakers the same as in your preset with "LT C ++" on Axe Change?

That's the one! I like the C++ in a very specific place so I tend to stick with those settings with that amp.

BTW these settings @simeon suggested on the vid sound incredible!

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.20.48 pm.png

I've attached a preset with some of the settings from my vid as well as the updated chorus tricks.

Attachments

• LT C++ 2290.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Brother Leon! Thanks for another very informative 'tubetorial, thanks to all y'all's for additional 'chimes' ... really looking forward to checking out the preset.

@ccroyalsenders the Killing Hand absolutely gives me chills on that record. I really liked Charlie's voice on that one.

Absolutely.

This has always stood out to me as the greatest window into what DT was going to become. Just primordial fucking awesomeness:

esp. when Petrucci just lights shit on fire at 4:07. Keeping in mind he was 21!!! when this was recorded, it's a sickeningly awesome album.

Of course, then there's also the joy of this track being pulled out 20 years later at their height of their powers:

sorry to completely derail your excellent 2290 thread :confused::confused:
Though there is some great 2290 content in that SCORE video, since this was right before JP made the switch to the FracSide.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

esp. when Petrucci just lights shit on fire at 4:07. Keeping in mind he was 21!!! when this was recorded, it's a sickeningly awesome album.

That solo is pure "Shrapnel Records" approved shred. What a monster.

I bought that Score DVD as soon as it came out; listening back to this is even better than I remembered it being.

That solo is pure "Shrapnel Records" approved shred. What a monster.

I bought that Score DVD as soon as it came out; listening back to this is even better than I remembered it being.
Oh man. Score is the bible.
That, Pulse, EJ Live at ACL, How the West Was Won, and 24 Nights is literally all I need.

Oh man. Score is the bible.
That, Pulse, EJ Live at ACL, How the West Was Won, and 24 Nights is literally all I need.

Been a while since I've had a "Pulse" session. "Live... In the Still of the Night" is one of my faves just because Doug Aldrich rips so hard on it; one big reason I love the Cameron models I the Axe.

Hi!
I have only a question:
Why the 2290 in Axe-FxIII is only in mono while in AX8 is in stereo?
I explain:
In AX8 the 2290 delay has the same pages and parameter of Stereo Digital...
but not in in Axe-Fx3!

For example in AX8 with 2290 I set L/R Time Ratio at 75% for a "multi ping-pong stereo effect"... but in Axe-Fx3 this is not possible!
But..... (this is most interesting):
If I import my AX8 preset (converted for Fx3 with FracTool) with a 2290 delay block, that block has the same pages and parameters normally missing in fx3!!!!
So, I can use 2290 in Axe-Fx3 with the L/R Time Ratio!!!!

There is a bug?
Thanks

@Admin M@ @2112

Last edited:
Hi!
I have only a question:
Because the 2290 in Axe-FxIII is only in mono while in AX8 is in stereo?
I explain:
In AX8 the 2290 delay has the same pages and parameter of Stereo Digital...
but not in in Axe-Fx3!

For example in AX8 with 2290 I set L/R Time Ratio at 75% for a "multi ping-pong stereo effect"... but in Axe-Fx3 this is not possible!
But..... (this is most interesting):
If I import my AX8 preset (converted for Fx3 with FracTool) with a 2290 delay block, that block has the same pages and parameters normally missing in fx3!!!!
So, I can use 2290 in Axe-Fx3 with the L/R Time Ratio!!!!

There is a bug?
Thanks

@Admin M@ @2112
Not a bug... The Delay block is different in the Axe Fx III. There is no "config" page to choose stereo, dual, etc...

Not a bug... The Delay block is different in the Axe Fx III. There is no "config" page to choose stereo, dual, etc...
I think it's an axe-edit bug actually. I just checked and I get the same behaviour Roby Rocks described, plus on the axe screen those missing parameters are still listed while on axe-edit they disappear.

IOW the 2290 is a stereo type delay but axe-edit thinks it's mono.

I think it's an axe-edit bug actually. I just checked and I get the same behaviour Roby Rocks described, plus on the axe screen those missing parameters are still listed while on axe-edit they disappear.

A real 2290 is mono. It is a mono in, 2 mono outs. It only creates stereo with panning. You need 2 2290s to do true stereo.

A real 2290 is mono. It is a mono in, 2 mono outs. It only creates stereo with panning. You need 2 2290s to do true stereo.
no... the real 2290 is a stereo delay!
With the real 2290 you can set the L/R ratio! or not?
TC-2290_HE175_Rear_L.png

Thanks DLC86 for your report....
so... it seems to be a bug

Ok, maybe it is mono, but that's not the point.
The point is: axe edit is missing some parameters that are present in that delay type on the axe itself.

Back
Top Bottom