Expert views needed ...

gatto_91_

Hi Everyone...

I have got just enough budget to buy an Axe fx 2 unit.

What else do i need to buy to make it work properly?

My queries are --
1) Do i need a Power Conditioner ? [If a power conditioner is necessary please suggest some good budget power conditioner]

2) Do i need a seperate audio interface hardware to record in my PC?

P.S. - I already have Power Monitors and a Line 6 foot controller.
I just wana record for Youtube , No live gigs etc. Just home recording.

IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE YOU PEOPLE THINK IS ESSENTIAL IN ADDITION TO ABOVE THINGS PLEASE SUGGEST ME ...

THANKS
:D

1) IMO, not at all. Most of the mid lever "conditioners" are just rack mounted extension cords anyway.
2) You will need some interface, yes. The AXE just supplies the guitar feed.

If your L6 controller is full MIDI that would work. I do not believe all of them are. "Power monitors" could also mean anything--if your monitors aren't any good, it will be difficult and frustrating dialing in a good tone. There are plenty of decent options at around $500.

1) IMO, not at all. Most of the mid lever "conditioners" are just rack mounted extension cords anyway.
2) You will need some interface, yes. The AXE just supplies the guitar feed.

If your L6 controller is full MIDI that would work. I do not believe all of them are. "Power monitors" could also mean anything--if your monitors aren't any good, it will be difficult and frustrating dialing in a good tone. There are plenty of decent options at around $500.

Hi, Thanks for the opinions.
So I dont need an interface hardware?

And I have KrK Rokit 6. Are they good enough?
And i think my footcontroller is full MIDI ( Ill check again )

So in nutshell - I just need to buy AXE FX and I'm ready to go. Isn't it?

Any final opinions? :)

Hi Everyone...

I have got just enough budget to buy an Axe fx 2 unit.
What else do i need to buy to make it work properly?

2) Do i need a separate audio interface hardware to record in my PC?

You will need a known good USB cable to interface audio and midi data to and from your PC.
No sound card is necessary. The AFX will send over audio in digital format via the USB cable to your PC that your
system will be able to record using just about any DAW software. I.E. Reaper or Audacity.

Loopie..

You will need a known good USB cable to interface audio and midi data to and from your PC.
No sound card is necessary. The AFX will send over audio in digital format via the USB cable to your PC that your
system will be able to record using just about any DAW software. I.E. Reaper or Audacity.

Loopie..

Thanks man \M/

Back
Top Bottom