Experimental Preset

I was just about to do some more goofing to my experimental preset when I saw a comment by Cliff regarding the new scenes based modifiers that are coming in fw12…

so… I ain't touching a thing until 12…

fingers crossed… this could be pretty exciting..

I was just about to do some more goofing to my experimental preset when I saw a comment by Cliff regarding the new scenes based modifiers that are coming in fw12…

so… I ain't touching a thing until 12…

fingers crossed… this could be pretty exciting..

I've been under a rock called work this week...where did this get dropped? That's a seriously awesome nugget of information.

got a gig next week with the funky band

I've cloned this preset and rebuilt it for this band….
now I've got v12 in there I'm going to try a few lil' improvements..

rehearsals start tomorrow..
it's gonna be a long night.. lol..

got scene controllers working in my new Civilians preset

it meant I could ditch a reverb block and a couple of filter blocks that were providing additional control options…
CPU dropped from 91% to 79%

oooohhhhhh yeeeaaaahhhhh baby.. ! ! ! !

I got me some work to do on my main presets now

there's no experience like practical experience…
and this is exactly what I encountered yesterday in the rehearsal studio

being a smart-ass, one of the features I built into my experimental preset was to use an XP with a toe-switch and have this switch trigger two different behaviours
toe-switch = off, XP is a volume pedal
toe-switch = on, XP is a wah

I'm all for designing in multi-functional stuff and sweating your assets..
and in the relative calm of my lil' studio, practice with respect to this feature was fine…
I actually thought this was pretty cool..

at very short notice, I get a call for a Civilians show..
thing is… this was a studio project and I had no 'live' preset/s for this band..
solution - make a copy of the experimental preset and make this work for the Civilians
all minor tweaks to suit the music.. took a few hours to nail… job done.. get practicing..

we have a full band rehearsal..
and under these more 'energetic' conditions, I found myself repeatedly switching on the wah when I didn't want to
all I actually wanted to do was to quickly bring up the volume..

so… I'm removing this feature from the presets and will either go back to a conventional volume pedal, or add a vol block and use an XP to control it...

Clarky, I've had similar issues, live, with a toe-switch based approach to changing the behaviour of my Mission pedals. I actually pulled my SP-2 off my board and I'm using two EP-1s now, one which is spring loaded. I use scenes to change the behaviour of the spring loaded EP-1, the other is permanently assigned to post-CAB volume duties for swells and what not. My head seems to be able to fit itself around this approach, live, and I'm accurate with my changes now. I try to be consistent with what the pedal does in each patch in each scene. So it's a wha controller in S1-4 and a "special effect" controller in S5-8 for example.

Nothing like a live show to test your abilities to remember how random buttons on the floor work! :)

oh totally..... lol...

I've stripped out this behaviour now..
so it's now: guitar -> vol pedal -> Axe
the wah is still toe-switch triggered [ol' skool style], but that XP no longer does anything but wah
so the toe-switch is now just wah on / off

now my gig is out of the way…
it's back to my experimental preset for a good redesign based around the scene control capability..

this is a game changer...

Back
Top Bottom