Experiencing Audio Issues When Using Axe-FX in Logic Pro X - New Logic User Seeking Help

Warrior

Power User
I started using Logic Pro X about 1 week ago.
My Axe-FX is routed to my DAW via USB.

I'm experiencing some audio issues that I don't experience when using Reaper.

Issue #1:
Audio track - Inputs 1-2, track record armed to hear guitar - just playing guitar and not recording. Out of nowhere (seemingly), I get a substantial increase in latency. i.e 1/2 second / 500 ms (unmeasured).

I seem to be able to resolve this by going into Preferences>Audio, uncheck "Core Audio", Apply & then check it back on & apply.... then record arm the track again.
It resolves the issue until it returns again.

Issue #2 (may be related to #1):
Logic is not running, the computer has been on and unused for a period of time (especially overnight).
Computer is set to never sleep but display sleep is set to ~45 minutes.
Axe- FX is off or on - issue is the same regardless.

Wake up the computer display, turn on Axe-FX (if it was off), wait to boot, launch Logic Pro X, go into the previous session.
The Axe-FX track has no signal.

Go into Preferences>Audio, uncheck "Core Audio", Apply & then check it back on & apply.... then record arm the track again.
Still nothing.

Go into "Audio MIDI Setup" on Mac, uncheck devices in the aggregate device, repeat steps above.
Still nothing.

This is very frustrating.

Not sure on the latency issue (I monitor off my fractal) but for the second issue the easiest fix is to just unplug the usb from the fractal at the Mac and then plug it back in. Reselect the sources as needed. The Mac doesn’t handle usb audio too well when the fractal is turned on or off. Alternatively be sure to have the fractal on and reboot the Mac. But I find the cable thing is the easiest.

Not sure on the latency issue (I monitor off my fractal) but for the second issue the easiest fix is to just unplug the usb from the fractal at the Mac and then plug it back in. Reselect the sources as needed. The Mac doesn’t handle usb audio too well when the fractal is turned on or off. Alternatively be sure to have the fractal on and reboot the Mac. But I find the cable thing is the easiest.

The odd thing is, however, that I don't have this issue with Reaper.

I just noticed on the Logicprohelp forum that others are experiencing its issue as well. They seem to think it started recently and wasn't an issue before.

I'm curious how Admin M@ is running his system with Logic Pro X.
Is he running his Axe-FX via USB?

Contact support, they can help you.

Logic support?

On a separate note, I'm also trying to connect my Axe-FX via SPDIF>Interface.
I can not figure out how to get the input to receive the SPDIF.

I've selected input 9/10 & 7/8 but doesn't work.

When I launch reaper & select ADAT 1/2, it works just fine.

Logic support?

On a separate note, I'm also trying to connect my Axe-FX via SPDIF>Interface.
I can not figure out how to get the input to receive the SPDIF.

I've selected input 9/10 & 7/8 but doesn't work.

When I launch reaper & select ADAT 1/2, it works just fine.
Fractal Support

Back
Top Bottom