Bug? Experiencing Artifacts While Recording SPDIF Into Logic

jcoggins7

I found an old thread that looks like it may be addressing this issue that is marked as fixed, but I'm not sure that it has been - I've just noticed some artifacts that have been occurring while recording using my FM3. I'm running a SPDIF out into my Apollo Twin Duo, which is going into my 2019 16" i9 Intel MacBook Pro. I'm getting tiny artifacts every so often recording in Logic Pro X (latest version). Some notes: I record guitars in low latency mode with the buffer size set all the way up. My SPDIF converter is one I got on Amazon that was working perfectly with my AX8, which I just sold to get the FM3. Firmware is currently 3.01, not the newest beta. I also run my Out 2 as a DI pass-through to capture a DI at the same time for possible reamping later, and don't hear any artifacts coming from that track. In addition, none of my other bounced files from the project session have artifacts - just the SPDIF stereo out files. Has the issue been resolved in 3.02? Here's a wav file that has artifacts in it for reference:

Switched the clock setting on my Apollo from Internal to SPDIF and it seems to have solved the issue - will report back if I notice it again but may be solved now.

Back
Top Bottom