• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bug? Experiencing Artifacts While Recording SPDIF Into Logic

jcoggins7

I found an old thread that looks like it may be addressing this issue that is marked as fixed, but I'm not sure that it has been - I've just noticed some artifacts that have been occurring while recording using my FM3. I'm running a SPDIF out into my Apollo Twin Duo, which is going into my 2019 16" i9 Intel MacBook Pro. I'm getting tiny artifacts every so often recording in Logic Pro X (latest version). Some notes: I record guitars in low latency mode with the buffer size set all the way up. My SPDIF converter is one I got on Amazon that was working perfectly with my AX8, which I just sold to get the FM3. Firmware is currently 3.01, not the newest beta. I also run my Out 2 as a DI pass-through to capture a DI at the same time for possible reamping later, and don't hear any artifacts coming from that track. In addition, none of my other bounced files from the project session have artifacts - just the SPDIF stereo out files. Has the issue been resolved in 3.02? Here's a wav file that has artifacts in it for reference:

jcoggins7

Switched the clock setting on my Apollo from Internal to SPDIF and it seems to have solved the issue - will report back if I notice it again but may be solved now.

Top Bottom