Expander question?

tonygtr said:
Just wondering, how many more switches will the expander offer?

I am thinking 24. Why? I thought Cliff said it would take you to a total of 41. Right now there are 17 switches on the MFC-101 (3 rows at 5/row + 2). 41 - 17 (on the MFC-101 now) leave you with 24.

Just a guess.

Maybe 6 per row assuming 4 rows.

I'm imaging it the same dimensions as the MFC-101, only it has switches where the screen are, and every switch is of course a preset/IA switch... no reveal or edit stuff needed on the expander.

Wouldn't 12 be more appropiate? You could have one on each side of the controller, like Axess and Skrydstrup has done.

Just that they are there, doesn't mean they will be on the expander. BTW, the MFC-101 can have four extention switches plugged in the back already. If the expander has a couple of those too, that would mean 24-8=16. Maybe an expander will have 8, with an optional 4 in the back, making it 12. You can then get two of those and you'll have 16 with the optional 12 loose switch jacks. Then you can buy a 12-switch expander to the expanders that plugs into the jack inputs in the back of the MFC and the expander. Then you'll have 41 switches...

manual: "A planned optional expansion module will increase the number of onboard switches to 41".

Ah.

It seems I'm wrong.
Should teach me to not stick my nose where it doesn't belong.

Alex, get back to work.

See. It's not working.

Dutch said:
Ah.

It seems I'm wrong.
Should teach me to not stick my nose where it doesn't belong.

Alex, get back to work.

See. It's not working.

:mrgreen:

Dutch said:
Just that they are there, doesn't mean they will be on the expander. BTW, the MFC-101 can have four extention switches plugged in the back already. If the expander has a couple of those too, that would mean 24-8=16. Maybe an expander will have 8, with an optional 4 in the back, making it 12. You can then get two of those and you'll have 16 with the optional 12 loose switch jacks. Then you can buy a 12-switch expander to the expanders that plugs into the jack inputs in the back of the MFC and the expander. Then you'll have 41 switches...

Nope those are IAs reserved. Extention switches are not IAs, they are treated differently.

yek said:
manual: "A planned optional expansion module will increase the number of onboard switches to 41".
ng

I was looking for that phrase last night... I remember reading it early in the day yesterday... but I couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it.

javajunkie said:
Dutch said:

Nope those are IAs reserved. Extention switches are not IAs, they are treated differently.

Ah.

I see. I think...

Well, see my second post in this thread...

Back
Top Bottom