expander/gate bypass mode....

vondano

Inspired
Hi!

I dont know if this is a bug, but I have no bypass option for this block... the only thing listed for bypass mode is 40000hz and it wont move or change...

maybe take a look!

ty!

sorry about my bad english,

have a good day!

Is this in axe-edit or on the axe-fx II. If it is Axe-edit, what version are you running and what os. If the Axe-fx II what is the firmware version?

its on the axe-fx, on page 2 of this block the byp mode is stuck at 40000hz...

ty for cheking this java

nico

glad I could help,

btw, is it normal i cant get this block to act the same way the normal gate does? does it have to do with block placement? it seems different even with same settings...

Ultra:
- Jack Napalm, 5/2011: What is the advantage of using a gate block rather than the in-built noise gate? They both seem to react pretty much the same (at least to my ears).
> Bakerman: Whether it's different depends how you set & place it. Ratio can go to 20 (input gate only goes to 8 ), hold lets you get a little more note decay before any gating, hi cut and lo cut help fine-tune the response (those are just filters for what goes to the gate level detector, not the actual sound you hear), like not letting string/body thunks or squeals open the gate as much. If you're using a lot of gain and a high enough threshold (amp still heavily compressed near gate threshold level) having gate after amp and sidechain on input 1 will basically be a more severe (higher ratio) gating effect than before amp.

Ultra:
- Jack Napalm, 5/2011: What is the advantage of using a gate block rather than the in-built noise gate? They both seem to react pretty much the same (at least to my ears).
> Bakerman: Whether it's different depends how you set & place it. Ratio can go to 20 (input gate only goes to 8 ), hold lets you get a little more note decay before any gating, hi cut and lo cut help fine-tune the response (those are just filters for what goes to the gate level detector, not the actual sound you hear), like not letting string/body thunks or squeals open the gate as much. If you're using a lot of gain and a high enough threshold (amp still heavily compressed near gate threshold level) having gate after amp and sidechain on input 1 will basically be a more severe (higher ratio) gating effect than before amp.
Nice tip. Thanks.

You can get it to react the same by setting the sidechain to input 1. then it detects from the same place as the builtin gate

thanx cliff! and yeah... you tease! put your clothes back on if you're not gona take my money you whore! jk jk... hehehe...

This has been fixed in upcoming Version 5.00 firmware.

Wow, monthly major firmware releases :)

Is there an approx. release date yet?

I'm just asking 'cause I got my II a week ago and am about to recreate all the patches from my Ultra.
So if fw 5.00 is just around the corner I might as well wait and dive into recreating madness right with fw. 5
Don't want to go through all of them twice ;)

thanx cliff! and yeah... you tease! put your clothes back on if you're not gona take my money you whore! jk jk... hehehe...

Best comment EVER!!!

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I have actually removed the bias tremolo. It only works in "Class A" type amps (as with real amps). I just don't want to deal with all the "bug reports" of "Bias Tremolo doesn't sound right".

Awww, pity. But I get it. Robby Krieger's Fender Twin's not Class A, so it wouldn't have been authentic anyway :lol

Makes me wonder even more how the big number shift to 5 is justified... ;)

Back
Top Bottom