Expand fractalbot to address cab block organizing

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Ok, just kind of spitballing this one. Seems to be a feature request for a while, to be able to organize IRs by brand/mic/size/placement/whatever. Maybe we can get fractalbot to have a robust organizer where we can organize our files how we like, then when we select the file it goes into the AxeFX cab block. I’m not going to pretend to know how to make this happen, but maybe we can leave 10 blank spaces in our cab library or whatever in order to quickly load this into a cab block. This would if course entirely bypass the cab picker. Maybe a drop down in the cab block to either use fractalbot or the cab picker. Doesn’t even have to be fractalbot, could be something similar that lives on the host computer.

have you tried Manage Cabs in Axe-Edit?
Yes, you mean where you can load in a bunch of IRs? I believe I have. This doesn’t resolve the organization issue. Organization should be like a finder window where we can organize ALL of our IRs by several different specifications. Even then narrow down after. What if I want a 2x12, 57 off axis 300 ms IR and I have 3 of them out of a few thousand? I understand this would likely involve tagging as there is no standard for naming, but you only have to tag an IR once.

you can search for IR names in the Picker or Manage, but they'd have to have the same information in the name. i think this comes down to the IR creators having a standard that everyone follows, unless you mean tagging all your IRs yourself.

you can search for IR names in the Picker or Manage, but they'd have to have the same information in the name. i think this comes down to the IR creators having a standard that everyone follows, unless you mean tagging all your IRs yourself.
I think custom tagging then searching for those tags would be incredibly useful. In the picker, it’s just IR soup. Where you put them is how they’re organized. Instead of occupying a permanent spot in the list, these should re sort based on searchable criteria.

Sorry, I don't follow. You want to use FractalBot instead of AxeEdit to edit presets?
I want to use fractalbot as a master IR organizer and IR loader, bypassing the cab picker entirely. Im wishing the cab loader to be offloaded to the host CPU, which would free up some resources too, I bet. All the processing could be done under the hood, but the actual IRs could be stored and organized on the Host CPU and loaded straight out of fractalbot or some other browser. I’d imagine a drop down in the cab block, load from picker or XXXXXX. I just think there’d be interest in completely bypassing the picker if something more robust and organizational existed.

Fractal-Bot is intended for use only to update firmware, make backups, and restore backups and won't be growing beyond this limited list of features. As for whether presets/cabs and the tools designed to work with them will be expanded to include the capacity for metadata/tags (or any kind of database like features, I can't say.

Fractal-Bot is intended for use only to update firmware, make backups, and restore backups and won't be growing beyond this limited list of features. As for whether presets/cabs and the tools designed to work with them will be expanded to include the capacity for metadata/tags (or any kind of database like features, I can't say.
Thank you. This wishlist item was for fractalbot or something that similarly communicates with the fractal. Just thought since fractalbot already exists, the idea is already halfway there but a completely new product is cool, too.

Back
Top Bottom