Exodus - Tempo of the Damned Album TM

SOAWM

Inspired
Tempo of the Damned is one of the best comeback albums in metal history and the tone is jawbreaking. This is my attempt to make a tone that's similar to this album. In the recording you first hear the original, followed by my ToneMatch. I used the War is My Shephard and Blacklist, since I remembered how to play those riffs.

Guitar used: Jackson KE2 with a JB in the bridge (on the album they used EMG HZ's).

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• Exodus TotD.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I like your tone on Blacklist better, actually. :)

Haha, thanks man! :) The Axe is such an awesome piece of equipment that it enables us to exceed studio tones at home... I think I'm going to record a full cover of one of the songs in the near future.

Plus, I never knew this album by Exodus... checking it out!

Any thrash/speed bands that you recommend checking out that are relatively new from Century Media or Nuclear Blast? So many bands... only a handful really are amazing. (IMHO)

To be honest I'm not to fond of many new thrash bands. I may only be 22 years old, and haven't lived when that music emerged, but there aren't many bands that can top the vibe and feeling of old school thrash and death metal. If you're not to familiar with the whole genre, I can definitely give you some directions to explore it more, just tell me what kinds of bands/sound you like and I'd be happy to help!

best bay area thrash are the new albums of the old guys: Testament, Heathen , Forbidden, Exodus , Death Angel any of these new albums rule, Add anything by Nevermore!

Well, my favorite of the current bands (until two of them disbanded... grrrr!) Is Nevermore, Carcass and Arch Enemy.

What bands would you steer me towards, following these sounds/vibes?

I don't know whether you've already listened to the following bands, but this is what I'd recommend:

- Death: check all albums! Perfect mix of bone crushing metal with melody. And since you point out those 3 bands, I think you like your share of melody in metal.
- Testament: Check out everything, but start with The Formation of Damnation. This album is heavy, but also has a lot of melody.
- At the Gates: they are one of the founding members of melodic metal and since I'm not a big fan of the genre (stuff like In Flames etc.), I can always dig some At the Gates.
- Blackstar (rising): members of Carcass. Very Rock 'n Roll.

Some other bands that you have to check: Overkill, Heathen, Death Angel, Hypocrisy, Illdisposed,...

Back
Top Bottom